Technical Poor AM reception on Connect NAV+ radio

Currently reading:
Technical Poor AM reception on Connect NAV+ radio

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Sadly not. There was a blanking plate fitted but I still got a P0401 EGR code. The garage said that my whole inlet manifold was crudded up, so I bit the bullet and have had a new Pierburg EGR valve fitted and new swirl gaskets as per this post here.

Before this, with the blanking plate fitted, the car had the classic EGR problem of zero (I mean zero too!) power before 2k RPM and then I got the engine management light.

It now drives SUPERB with more power throughout the range.

On the downside, my radio reception is rubbish again. I am thinking moisture ingress in the aerial. There was dew last night, so if it is better this afternoon (i.e. it has had time to dry out), then I may be getting there.

Stewart

Classic dew prob if you ask me. Unscrew the aerial, clean both the male/female screws. Put some clear bath sealant on the rubber part that meets the roof part . It is possible that there may be a gap between the two parts when the aerial is screwed up tight. I could get a credit card between mine when it was screwed up tight.
Did you clean your boost sensor while you were mucking about with the EGR? Mine looked like a liquorice allsort when I took it out and cleaned it. The difference it made was amazing.

Yes, I think the boost sensor was cleaned. Apparently everything was covered in thick soot.

I agree with dew problem, although it hasn't sorted itself out. I did park the car in shade all day and it wasn't really warm where I work. I will take the aerial off at the weekend, clean it and apply some bathroom sealant.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back