Technical Polski 126 manual windscreen pump

Currently reading:
Technical Polski 126 manual windscreen pump

Jhall81

I have a Polski 1988 126. Going for MOT on Wednesday. Just realised the manual windscreen washer is not pumping fluid from the reservoir bag. Pipes are clean. I’m able to blow back bubbles. It suspect the very simple pump behind the dash is the issue but I can’t seem to find a way to get to it. Anyone solved this before?

I have a Polski 1988 126. Going for MOT on Wednesday. Just realised the manual windscreen washer is not pumping fluid from the reservoir bag. Pipes are clean. I’m able to blow back bubbles. It suspect the very simple pump behind the dash is the issue but I can’t seem to find a way to get to it. Anyone solved this before?
Check first there isn't a failed one way valve in the washer bottle, unless of course it froze up in the Winter with no windscreen antifreeze in the system and split the pump.
In the old days the one way valve often failed.

Check first there isn't a failed one way valve in the washer bottle, unless of course it froze up in the Winter with no windscreen antifreeze in the system and split the pump.
In the old days the one way valve often failed.
I’m able to draw fluid up the pipes by sucking the pipe. Does that suggest the one way valve is okay?

I’m able to draw fluid up the pipes by sucking the pipe. Does that suggest the one way valve is okay?
If you get fluid up the pipe then block the end from the bottle and work the pump,then if water goes towards screen jets that would indicate a faulty valve if you can replicate the valve action with your finger on and off the end of pipe.
By the way people put washing up liquid in washer bottles/bags, which when left creates bacteria which blokes the valves and jets.
It can also contain Legionnaires Disease, so not a good idea to put your mouth on it!!!
You can wash bottle, pump, hoses and valves using bleach solution before replacing with water and correct screen washer fluid.:)

Silly me. I took out the bladder only to find a small pump at the bottom. Activated with a pull on the windshield wiper lever. All good!

Back