Resource icon

Panda 2012+ Pollen filter fitting Instructions

No permission to download

Currently reading:
Panda 2012+ Pollen filter fitting Instructions

The Panda Nut submitted a new resource:

Pollen filter fitting Instructions - Magneti Marelli leaflet

As title. Its easiest if you remive the steering column universal joint. 1 bolt and it slips off. Make sure the steeing is straight ahead so you dont misalign the steering wheel by this. Do teh bolt up carefully use the right torque. See Panda Torque resource. A new bolt is recommended but with care it can be reused.

Read more about this resource...

Hi there,
Is this for the MJ, Twinair or both? I haven't posted on here for a while, but only yesterday I watched mine being changed by a mechanic in about 10 minutes, was awkward but managed ok, but not saying it may be easier removing column bolt.

I imagine its for all, i cant even get to the bolt securing the lid on my TA without removing the column bolt, getting the filter in place with it on is fine

Maybe I should bump this post up... removing the column bolt not necessary in my experience (but needed a tiny socket set and a nifty little spanner): https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/changing-the-pollen-filter-my-easy-way.481366/

I have subsequently taken the filter out after a drive across a grassy meadow which filled the filter (and everything else!) with grass seeds. Hoovered out the seed and all back together again in a very short time. (What took longer was removing the scuttle panel and hoovering it all out from there too! - moral here" avoid driving through a hay field of metre-tall grasses!)

Here's how I did it on my TA 4x4:
First the lower trim panel that has the foot rest in it. It's held in with three torx headed screws, two one size (T30) and the closest one to gear stick is a smaller size (T20). Once these are out, the panel unclips and wriggles out.

The two cover screws are 5.5mm. The top one is easy – use 5.5mm socket. The bottom one a pain, Use a 5.5 ring spanner.

Pull the old filter out (note the orientation and air flow) and put the new one in – you will have to scrunch it up a bit to get it in.

Here's how I did it on my TA 4x4:
First the lower trim panel that has the foot rest in it. It's held in with three torx headed screws, two one size (T30) and the closest one to gear stick is a smaller size (T20). Once these are out, the panel unclips and wriggles out.

The two cover screws are 5.5mm. The top one is easy – use 5.5mm socket. The bottom one a pain, Use a 5.5 ring spanner.

Pull the old filter out (note the orientation and air flow) and put the new one in – you will have to scrunch it up a bit to get it in.
Yup - pretty much matches my description :)

Maybe I should bump this post up... removing the column bolt not necessary in my experience (but needed a tiny socket set and a nifty little spanner): https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/changing-the-pollen-filter-my-easy-way.481366/

I have subsequently taken the filter out after a drive across a grassy meadow which filled the filter (and everything else!) with grass seeds. Hoovered out the seed and all back together again in a very short time. (What took longer was removing the scuttle panel and hoovering it all out from there too! - moral here" avoid driving through a hay field of metre-tall grasses!)
I agree its not essential, but I found if removed the need to leave the awkward filter cover screw / bolt off as others have aid they do, and i hazard it takes half the time if the column is uncoupled. It makes this task easy. It needs no force at all to remove the steering column after the bolt is out of the way and you dont have a filter thats been scrunched into a mess to shove it in around the steering shaft. It slides in easily, and it is much easier to position when its still square and flat. I personally see no point in changing a filter which is anyway not a particualry good fit if its bee scruched up. Might as well just remove it. But it can be done the alternate way described if you have the patience. Fiddling with the steering column is not for everyone.

I can only say the TA and the 1.2 are identical jobs so I would be very surprised if the MJ is much if any different. I have posted the Magneti Marelli fitting instruction leaflet in the resources section.

Last edited:
Back