Styling Pocket Money DRLs

Currently reading:
Styling Pocket Money DRLs

Doofer

Established member
A few may be aware of my grumpy comments about people pimping their Cromas. I'm more bothered about whether it works or not than looking like a drug dealer.

However, one of my sidelights went so I got some of those modern fangled LEDs. The bulbs are visible in the Croma, so I got one with as many forward-facing LEDs as possible. I got these...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290612073832

Note: Item is one bulb, not a pair.

I did first get another type but had to send it back as it wouldn't fit through the hole in the reflector. This one will (just) go in. The other had the same front circuit board diameter but the side-facing LEDs weren't in from the edges like these - it really is that tight.

They look bloody good. Eye-catching, without looking like a pillock and annoying everyone. They are quite blue-ish, but not ridiculously so. They definitely make me more visible to someone half-asleep who's about to pull out of a side road anyway. I would try and get a purer white next time though, a shade less blue.

So I now use the sidelight switch position as Off, and they go on and off with the engine. Job done, £5.50.

We've had them about two months, no failed bulb warnings and it's passed its MOT with them fitted.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back