General please help

Currently reading:
General please help

bertyballbag6989

Hi all ill get to the point i want to buy a 1.3 uno turbo mk2 iv looked on auto trader but no look wer els could i look on the net to bue one how much would i be looking at to buy one and the insurence im 20 this year??
any comments welcome

lew

Wow, what a remarkably helpful post title. :(

The insurance will be high for the following reasons:
You are male,
under 21
under 25
You will have (at maximum) 3 years of driving experience.
Turbo car
Fairly rare car these days so parts to use to repair are hard to find.
Large (for an Uno) sized engine.

I have a non-turbo Mk2 Uno and my insurance is about £912 a year (~£76 per month I pay out) ALL INCLUSIVE with a few extras (legal cover etc). I was insured on a Mk3 Ford Transit for 6 months, that cost me almost £120 per month!

Don't know how much the car itself will cost you, but see if you can find any first. They really are very rare.

I guess that you just want the biggest engined Turbo Uno you can find. Any reason why? ;)

sorry about the tital didnt know wot to put.
well the thing is i want one as a progect that i can do up/restor the reason for the engine size is that my dad and uncal had one back in there hay days and they sed the had lots of fun in them and puls they are just so COOL. i want it az a play car for the week end. i wont be putting it on the road till its done and looks smart
thanks for the reply
lewis

Welcome

firstly you won't find a MK2 Uno 1.3 :D well not one with the original engine as the turbos were all 1.4

It was the MK1 which had the 1.3 :).

Unos do come up now and then on e-bay, pistonheads and Turbocollective.

Finding a good one is getting harder than ever and you'll need to do research on what to avoid.

Listen to LouieBee.

He has those grey brain cell things that seem to be all the rage these days. :D

Back