Please help my mk2 puntos NOISY DOORS!!!

Currently reading:
Please help my mk2 puntos NOISY DOORS!!!

troubadour

Hi all,

I've had my mk2 punto for about 6 months now.

When i first got it the passenger door made a very noisy CLACK CLACK noise when opening or closing.

I noticed that the little metal clip with a screw either side, holding the arm like part on, was half broken.

It finally fully broke, so now it doesnt make any noise, but also has nothing stopping it from swinging open completely, wheras usually it would have one or two steady points when open.

Now, the other side is making the noise, neither side of of it is broken like before, and it stops when i tighten the bolts in with an allen key, but as soon as its open and closed again it loosens and is noisy again.

I'm sorry to be so darn in depth and have written what looks like an essay, but i really hope someone can help advise me as to what i can do in regards to either knowing the name of the part, so i can get a replacement, or knowing a good way to stop it loosening.

I'd quite like to fix both side with the new bracket things if poss.

Thanks a lot for your help, i'm clueless with cars, but last time this forum helped me repair my own wiper linkage, so i'm hoping to come up trumps again without having to come out of a garage walking like John Wayne. :)

x

The part that is broken is called the Door Check Strap.
Sounds like they both need replacing, it's a common thing, sdont worry.
Over time they just break, after all, they are used everytime you open and close the door!
Not a huge job to replce them i dont think

Thanks a lot for that info.

Do you know where i can order new check straps for cheap, and how hard are they to replace?

x

They are not difficult to replace at all, you will need to remove your door card to get to one side of it and the other side is a clearly visible bolt/pin you can get them from a scrappy or your local fiat dealer, a local motor factor or body parts supplier might have them as well.

Back