General Please Help It Driving Me MADD! Rattle Sound!

Currently reading:
General Please Help It Driving Me MADD! Rattle Sound!

JakeAtkinson

Hi all after a bit of help a few week ago the Stilo starting making a knocking tinny nose from the passenger side front near the wheel ive looked at my track rod and drive shaft trim etc cant find it. It happends when you go over rough road etc its driving me mad and iam starting to get dispointed with the car other then thats she a gem but cant be doing with this noise . Iam going to upload a video soon as it hard to understand the type of sound, its like a biscuit tin rattle hollow sound metal though.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP:)

Hi all after a bit of help a few week ago the Stilo starting making a knocking tinny nose from the passenger side front near the wheel ive looked at my track rod and drive shaft trim etc cant find it. It happends when you go over rough road etc its driving me mad and iam starting to get dispointed with the car other then thats she a gem but cant be doing with this noise . Iam going to upload a video soon as it hard to understand the type of sound, its like a biscuit tin rattle hollow sound metal though.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP:)

Anti-Roll bar bush?? Changed ours yesterday and they were truly knackered!

Right after taking it to a friends garage ive looked at the link bars bushes etc and cant see any wear or play.I thort at first due to the sound it was the the shield on the back of the brake disc rattling but after removing the shield still not joy ive looked at the strut but cant see a broke spring or a nacked limp shocker . So any more ideas chaps? like I say its a hollow rattle tinny sound not a knocking thump coming from the passenger wheel area also had the bearing changed too and its not that .

Also the cars done 30k with full history and brought off a friend so no damage in the past.
Please Help.:(

Top mounts maybe? Open the bonnet and push the front part of the car up and down. Check the top of the suspension. If you see movement it's the top mount...

Back again just got car lifted up on ramps ive look and its sounds like it could be a echo to the front sub frame after tapping the subframe with a screwdriver it sounds very similar sound. One bush on the wish bone at the bottom of the brake disc is perished , could this be it ?:mad:

Also Thanks again everyone for your help so far .(y)

Back