General Pinky The Panda Fundraising Thread

Currently reading:
General Pinky The Panda Fundraising Thread

Looks good, but it's past Munich heading towards Austria! ;)

Looks a good price though & the interior seems intact. (y)

Funnily enough I was in the exhaust place today thumbing through back issues of car mags and came across Pinky's mention with yours, Bob's and Vernon's faces staring out the page! :p

That car looks better than Pinky though! :eek:

We would be turning ourselves into Panda killers :eek::eek:

Unless someone wanted a LHD shell in pink for a project.....

Funnily enough I was in the exhaust place today thumbing through back issues of car mags and came across Pinky's mention with yours, Bob's and Vernon's faces staring out the page! :p

More likely "Panda ringers". Not that I would obviously (tis illegal!) but aside from lhd problems swapping identities might be easier!! ;)

Just swap the interior out and sell it in bavaria , ok maybe not just as simple as that but not killing a car, just swapping bits over really

Thanks to Barbara (PandaMo) and I getting hitched a couple of weeks ago Pinky has had a fund boost of £765. We had asked for donations from our guests instead of presents as there's not much we need at our age :p. There are a couple more still to come in so we could see a total of around £800. :)

Well done - great boost to the funds (y)

I've resisted jokes about Zimmer frames etc, please note..... ;)

Having just spent a small fortune at John Lewis (iPad's etc), and now a much larger fortune on "cheap" Abarth parts I don't need (but might do in 20 years time!) at Partsworld (EBay), the donations are coming in well from EasyFundraising too. :slayer:

A good quarter for Pinky - I'm struggling to paste into here in any format you can actually see easily, so a PDF is attached. (y)

I know January got off to a good start, as I melted my credit card with Ebay (Partsworld mainly!) and John Lewis.

Please remember to use the links when you buy online. I don't think the other cashback websites give you money on Ebay or John Lewis (for example), so there's really no excuse for not giving some FREE money to Pinky. :worship:

Attachments

• Quarter 4 2014.pdf
    78.1 KB · Views: 45
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Well now I have worked out how to make donations work when using ebay my donation total is going up much much faster (y)

Any updates on Pinky Vern?

Well now I have worked out how to make donations work when using ebay my donation total is going up much much faster (y)

Any updates on Pinky Vern?

At the moment he's in the workshop on axle stands. All the underside is now stripped off as well as windows, exterior trim etc. Work has started on rust repairs but there is a lot of it. Every time I have to carry out rust repairs on another car I will try to do a little on Pinky too. Here are the latest pics.....

As you can see he's not far from ready for a starring role in The Flintstones.

Good example of how Panda - show car can hide a lot off rot!!!
Sad is that those photos reflects in 100% the state of my Black panda - daily ride, which MOT ends on 10 July - I'm not even thinking of bodging it to past the test as simply the time has come go get that sorted. All would be fine but yesterday while I was fixing mates 03 galaxy - sill end rot, one of the neighbours came down to my unit in total raid of furry- soo Council has been informed. In procces of getting Leggy back on road so Black Panda will have to wait until new premises are sorted.

I will follow with much interess

Last edited:
Hello :)
I'm new to this forum. I organise an annual Pink Car Rally to raise funds for 'real hair' wigs for children. I have been approached by someone who is trying to track down a Pink Fiat Panda. I have posted about it on the Pink Car Rally Facebook page today. She wants to 'hire' a Pink Panda for the day. There's a lovely back-story. I wondered whether your Panda is now on the road, please? Or if not, whether there are any other Pink Panda owners on the forum?
Many thanks.

Hello :)
I'm new to this forum. I organise an annual Pink Car Rally to raise funds for 'real hair' wigs for children. I have been approached by someone who is trying to track down a Pink Fiat Panda. I have posted about it on the Pink Car Rally Facebook page today. She wants to 'hire' a Pink Panda for the day. There's a lovely back-story. I wondered whether your Panda is now on the road, please? Or if not, whether there are any other Pink Panda owners on the forum?
Many thanks.
Hi Pink Car Rally, I believe Pinky is still in the workshop undergoing rust repair. I think Vern is still planning on finishing at some point but Pinky is still quite far from the road.

If you're looking for a classic Fiat Panda Pink then it'll be tough, with only 5 still actually on the road according to howmanyleft.co.uk. I don't know of anyone in the Panda Classic section that has one of those 5, but it's possible one of them may be here, so if you make a new thread asking about the possibility then you may get some more views from other owners if you make a call out, so to speak. Good luck :)

PS: the red on my Panda has slightly faded to an orange, but if it fades to pink then I'll let you know ;)

Thank you for your speedy response. The car is needed for an event this summer, so I might need to track down one of the 5 which are still left on the road. Thank you for sharing that information with me - I had no idea there were so few.
I'll try to create a new thread...
I have been fooled by a few faded red cars over the years... I've flashed a few, thinking they were kindred cars...
Please may I ask you a question? Someone has posted a link on my Facebook page to a pink car which is for sale on Ebay. The description says 1989 FIAT 126 BIS PINK 704CC Classic Car Project and I notice that your signature includes '126'. Was the 126 a Panda, please?
Many thanks

Back