Pictures of the barn fresh 1925 501 Fiat

Currently reading:
Pictures of the barn fresh 1925 501 Fiat

Take a look here:http://www.portfolioitalia.com/autohobby/epoca/pag8d.html

<--Ihihih!

may be worth trying ricambio for parts they say they can get most things although this may be a challenge!! :)

a very nice old machine though ... run it on twenties with a supercharged chevy engine i reckon.... (not)

Some pics of my 503, i havent body parts and the engine is completely disasembled, I have it since 1991, and I try to make a wooden boattail. As you can see it need a lot but a real lot of work!

Attachments

• chassis(a).JPG
    chassis(a).JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 16
  • chassis1(a).JPG
    chassis1(a).JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 17
  • chassis3(a).JPG
    chassis3(a).JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 14
  • chassis4(a).JPG
    chassis4(a).JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 18
  • motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 18
It is titled as a 1925 501LT. If you do not think that is correct. Please tell me what you believe it to be. It is an original 4 cylinder car. Odd rear door configuration with no cut out for the rear fender like on all others I see. Bought from the family of the original owner. Steve 646-645-1582

Hi - I am quite sure your fiat is a 503 - the 501 had quite a different radiator and bonnet shape.
The 503 was technically built from 1926, and was based on the 501 mechanicals, but I think it also had front brakes (as per the 501 last models)
Given the oral history about it being a show car, perhaps this was an early build for marketing, hence the 1925 build date.
Parts for these are most available in Australia, NZ and Sweden - I think because they tended not to be scrapped for the WWII effort.
There were a number of OHV models made - these were the S models, and gave a top speed of over 65mph - if you have an OHV engine, it will be very rare indeed.
Do you need any parts?
Cheers
Alex

Back