Grande Punto picked her up today (GP sporting)

Currently reading:
Grande Punto picked her up today (GP sporting)

sharkrider

a few picks, half way down a mountain, at 50 miles old! :)

punto4tv3.jpg

punto2oc4.jpg

punto3rk9.jpg

looks very nice indeed.. any plans for her?

I really like the 'clean' look to this car, so there will be no exterior mods... however, I've been talking to angel tuning, and I can seriously see a 170 bhp re-map on the cards after it's run in (y) (I was running 160 in the vRS and the GP feels a little slow in comparison, but the vRS didn't perform until run in, so I'll give it a few thousand until I decide, but a reliable 170 bhp sounds good :) )

I really like the 'clean' look to this car, so there will be no exterior mods... however, I've been talking to angel tuning, and I can seriously see a 170 bhp re-map on the cards after it's run in (y) (I was running 160 in the vRS and the GP feels a little slow in comparison, but the vRS didn't perform until run in, so I'll give it a few thousand until I decide, but a reliable 170 bhp sounds good :) )

I took the GP sporting for test drive and thought the same that it feel a little slow. But that did have 0 miles on the clock before the test drive! Ive only heard good thing about angel tuning, i havent used them myself! But another company maybe to consider would be GSR engineering they offer the same sort of products and ive used these guys and it was an absolute pleasure to do business with them. heres a link to there website:

www.gsr-uk.co.uk

I took the GP sporting for test drive and thought the same that it feel a little slow. But that did have 0 miles on the clock before the test drive! Ive only heard good thing about angel tuning, i havent used them myself! But another company maybe to consider would be GSR engineering they offer the same sort of products and ive used these guys and it was an absolute pleasure to do business with them. heres a link to there website:

www.gsr-uk.co.uk

thanks, I'll have a nose around thier site (y)

Good to see you had a good Friday 13th then :D Looking good (y)

lol... I dunno, I may be becomming superstitious... look at what happened today ! :( (even tho its now the 14th!)

screenrv1.jpg

couldn't believe it! 78k in two years in the vRS and not a chip, then a stone thrown up on day two of ownershipe, and a destroyed screen!..

ah well... autoglass are gonna fit a new one tomorow.. £50 insurance excess... suppose it'll get rid of the bugs I collected today ! :rolleyes:

lol... I dunno, I may be becomming superstitious... look at what happened today ! :( (even tho its now the 14th!)

screenrv1.jpg

couldn't believe it! 78k in two years in the vRS and not a chip, then a stone thrown up on day two of ownershipe, and a destroyed screen!..

ah well... autoglass are gonna fit a new one tomorow.. £50 insurance excess... suppose it'll get rid of the bugs I collected today ! :rolleyes:

I got two stonechips in the windscreen and a dint in the side two days after I got this car, must be something about Cumbrian luck :( Have you been out driving it rather enthusiastically then?

hey, I cracked a windscreen when stationary, saw a car coming the other way on a freshly chipped road rather fast, so drove into th ditch and stopped. they continued on, the offending stone got it in the top left hand corner, it was OK for a few days then it just went :(

I've learn't my lesson though, the only way to slow the buggers down is to drive toward them, then stop, then they obviously HAVE to stop.:cool:

neat car though, they look good in red with the sporting kit on them:yum:

take good care of the paint, as I've heard their a bit fragile, go and look on detailing world forums to find out how (unless you already knoW)

not sure about special care for the paint... detailing world? can you give me more details?! ;)

and yes, been driving it enthusiastically round the lakes, the pics were taken on "the struggle" which comes down from the pass at the back of Ambleside... tests the brakes (which wern't bedded in enough not to smell!) and has a nice jump in the middle ;)

I know the hill you mean, goes over to ullswater (brotherswater?) valley from back of ambleside, tis a good road, just watch for tourist coachs going over there (they shouldn't but they do, otherwise its a 60mile trip round), and you get stuck you have to reverse about 2miles :mad:

put it thru google and look in the car care section or washing section, there should be a sticy topic on the two bucket method and general car.

but basically, you don't need to polish it. buy yourself some good quality gear.so.

2x 99p buckets
1x cheap sponge for underbody and archs
1x wash mitt, preferably wool (keeps your hands warm on cold winter washing days, let alone preventing paint scrapes whilst washing).
1x bottle of decent car wash, autoglym is OK, but almost anything goes, just not fairy liquid please!
1x microfibre cloth, 99p in wilko's etc, buy a few, one for waxing car, one for cleaning windows etc.
1x smooth cloth for wax application,
1x bottle good quality wax, mequirs carnauba wax @ £8 a bottle is very good, very easy to use, and smells nice. I've had my bottle since november, washing and waxing it quite regulary and its maybe still half full, so good value really. there are others, inc harley wax, poor boys natty, etc etc, but they are more like £20 per tin.
1x bottle autoglym glass cleaner, possibly the best I've used, do it inside and out and your windows will rarely mist up, and bead water. Rain-X is great for the outside too, but the AG stuff does a similar job as well as cleaning it in the first place.

what am I forgettting??? anybody??/

anyway, spend £30-35 now, and prevent your paint getting all hazed up and nasty. and NEVER NEVER go thru a drive thru car wash, I spent literally 8hours prepping my mums new saab when she got it, removing swirls and generally tidying it up, a few weeks later she thought she'd give me a break and go to a drive thru (in march with all the snow and salt in the wash:rolleyes: ). the next time I saw the car I nearly cried, basically scoured from one end to the other, its gone from virtually mint and beautifully detailed, to an absolute eyesaw when the sun shines, its now unbearable to look at:bang:

Back