Photoshop Request

Currently reading:
Photoshop Request

Wheels - Yay or Nay

• Yes they looks good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Could someone put these wheels on the Prius so I can see if they look any good please :p :eek:

Also put a poll on to see what other people think :D

new-2012-toyota-prius-12.jpg

wheel.JPG

I assume the profile and size would be less cozy coupe if you bought them, if they were the size and profile in the picture it would look horrific. Would look better properly sized but the standards are nicer.

Much prefer the originals. :p

I think it'll look like mutton dressed as lamb, with those wheels. It's a milk-float, not a Tesla...! ;)

The current alloys even have wheel trims on them :p
wheel.JPG

The Prius in the pic isn't on the 'Eco warrior' wheels my Prius is on, these are actually an exact size match :eek:

Just looking at buying them for my winter rubber, and these already have winter tyres fitted and seem a good price.

I'm guessing the plug in Prius wheels has some aerodynamic battery saving advantage, as compared to the wheels from most other Prius models they do take the trophy for ugliest, it has to be said.

I'm guessing the plug in Prius wheels has some aerodynamic battery saving advantage, as compared to the wheels from most other Prius models they do take the trophy for ugliest, it has to be said.

Correct, they're low rolling resistance 15" wheels, along with one or two other spec'ed none plug in Prius. If you go for the all singing all dancing spec none plug in (the plug in beats them all spec wise in the UK, but still has the more MPG practical wheels) then you get 17" alloys and loose about 5-10mpg apparently.

Correct, they're low rolling resistance 15" wheels, along with one or two other spec'ed none plug in Prius. If you go for the all singing all dancing spec none plug in (the plug in beats them all spec wise in the UK, but still has the more MPG practical wheels) then you get 17" alloys and loose about 5-10mpg apparently.

What tires are fitted to it then? Would be interested to know how much the grip varies from dry to wet and once the temp drops?

What tires are fitted to it then? Would be interested to know how much the grip varies from dry to wet and once the temp drops?

Currently Bridgestone Ecopoa EP150 - 195/65r15 91H are what it's wearing, and are the origional factory fit that it came with, and wearing rather well. With nearly 20k on the clock they've still visually got another 10-20k left in the front from what I can see I'd have said (not have my tread depth gauge on them mind).

Current wet and dry grip are very good, wet are not quite as good as the continental sport things I had on the Bravo, but dry is comparable. I've a feeling they'll be pants much below about 7-10C though, hence deciding to get a set of winter tyres and run about on them like I have for the past 4 winters.

Last edited:
Back