General Philippine Fiat X1/9

Currently reading:
General Philippine Fiat X1/9

Different, Very good workmanship you have there to build a car from a picture and getting the body lines is an art. Would like to see some pictures of the car when it's painted and polished up :worship:

I am now winding up my repairs and upgrade on our business. So, I had my workshop cleaned-up in preparation for continuing my projects.

While cleaning up, I had the chance to view the side profile of the X for the first time. I myself am amazed. I think I nailed the "fastback" read end.

1.jpg

DSC_7366.jpg

DSC_7361.jpg

DSC_7364.jpg

I also tried a 225/50/15 tire mounted on a 15x8 wheel.

DSC_7368.jpg

I would like the tire-fender clearance to this tight. This can be done without rubbing.

DSC_7367.jpg

Hopefully, I can restart the project by March and finish it by December.

Thanks littlephil. I already have a set of new 15x8 for the X. I bought it before the catastrophic flood. It will look good also.

Thanks shaun. Indded it is long time coming. I hope to finish it by December.

Amazing story, very interesting and so cool work life balance!
Had an early X1/9 1300 with 1500 engine, nice and low, but rust in the engine compartment and head gasket problems finished it off...
Now I have a VW beach buggy with 2.2 tuned motor (0-60 in 6"), so no rust worries and easy to work on anything!
But cool to see a pukka toyota engine being used in an X1/9, great choice!, fascinating build story, had to read it all..
Hats off to you deocon, and best wishes from across the world!!

A very intersting project. I am very impressed with what you did so far. How about giving some more update pictures, I'd love to see the end result.

Toppy

I am swamped with Muscle car projects for friends. I may restart the project by January. I really want Carlo X1/9 to be finished.

I have to finish this project. I owe it to my son and to the members of this forum.

Thanks Jimbro for looking at the Mustang suspension from a C4 Corvette.

As a certified petrol head it would have been thoroughly remiss of me not to take a look at that work.

I still find the never ending search for leaf spring perfection by the american car manufacturers something of an enigma so something like that little project is both enlightening and a breath of fresh air all at the same time.

Back