Peugeot 3.0 2008 and MultiECUscan

Currently reading:
Peugeot 3.0 2008 and MultiECUscan

Redreid82

Hi all, anyone on here who has had any success using MES on there Peugeot Boxer 3.0. Mine as stated is a 2008 and I am having some issues. I am already discussing potential faults on another post. would I be better off with the Lexia 3 for diagnosis instead of MES. one thing I will mention is, my motorhome has been plugged in by an Autel and a Snapon machine with would only connect on Peugeot and not on Fiat Ducato. I Have been in touch with Gendans and although it should work on the MES being the 3.0, they cannot guarantee it.

Last edited:
Hi all, anyone on here who has had any success using MES on there Peugeot Boxer 3.0. Mine as stated is a 2008 and I am having some issues. I am already discussing potential faults on another post. would I be better off with the Lexia 3 for diagnosis instead of MES. one thing I will mention is, my motorhome has been plugged in by an Autel and a Snapon machine with would only connect on Peugeot and not on Fiat Ducato. I Have been in touch with Gendans and although it should work on the MES being the 3.0, they cannot guarantee it.
Generally I would have said a fairly new Snap On Diagnostic tool with all the updates.
What were the issues?
Is that the same engine in RWD drive form in Iveco Daily's?

Think the engine is the same, obviously different ancillaries, looking like failed number 2 injector, or wiring to number 2 injector. I will post more when I further diagnose.
Yes I agree, the only reason I mentioned RWD Iveco and FWD I assume for yours was the older 2.8 were definitely different on the lower half of the crankshaft carrier area due to the RWD Iveco mounted up right and the Ducato , Boxer, Relay etc the engines are leaning back to the bulkhead , so different oil pick side also for oil pump etc.:)

Mine is the 3.0 and not 2.8. And leans forward, you must have commented on the wrong post.

Mine is the 3.0 and not 2.8. And leans forward, you must have commented on the wrong post.
Thank you, I was well aware that yours was the later 3.0 Sofim engine and not the 2.8, which incidentally was a far more reliable and cheaper to repair engine, although arguably not as economical.
What I was trying to explain to you was that in my personal experience engines in the Sofim range although basically similar had critical differences between front wheel drive versions and rear wheel drive versions of the same engine.
So where the Iveco Daily version sits up right, yours as you rightly say leans forward, so the lower portion of the engine is different .
This would mainly be a problem if your engine was to die and a replacement was suggested from an Iveco, which was the only reason I tried to offer you that advice.
I am aware of issues with injector wiring on other Fiats involving a replacement section, although it may not be relevant in your case.

Back