Technical People of the Cento section, i need your help!

Currently reading:
Technical People of the Cento section, i need your help!

ok, so i have been playing. added a code light and EML light.

sometimes i get the code light to go out but it still wont run or start. thought it was the crank sensor so changed that.. still wont start..

the CODE light flashes with the ignition off. about one flash a second. is this normal?

any help would be nice.

yeah i know, i remember it from when i had a cinq.

sometimes it stays on though. even with they key taped to the loop aerial.

while the ignition is OFF i get the CODE light flash. i have no idea why it is doing it.

i have read that the injection light MAY flash as the ECU has to learn the engine. (the rev up past 6Krpm 3 times when engine is over 75.c thing) but that is only when the engine is running.

i still cant get the engine to run. i am outside now trying. posting this from the garage computer.

i have checked everything. i have the engines original bottom pulley on fitted in the correct way around. the sensor has been changed. while i crank the fuel pump pumps so it must be detecting the engine spinning.
i have swapped the 2 ignition coil input connectors around. and stuck a testing bulb on them but i did not get any flashes from the bulb while cranking, with the code light out.
same for the injectors. no power getting to them while cranking.

it is just like the code system has powered down, but the ECU is not getting the message.

Is pin 7 on the ECU the wire that goes to the CODE box???!!! both wires are the same colour... if i could get just that one strait answer i would be happy.
i am going on the 16F ECU wiring here. not the 8F.

as i said before. there is nothing on the 8F ECU on this forum. i have looked in ALL sections and MM.

some one must know??

ok i think the code system is fixed. you have to hold that key in the perfect position on the loop aerial to make it work.

i now have a spark!!

but the injectors still are not firing!

throwing fuel down the throttle body makes the engine run. so the fault now is with the injectors.

i have gone over ALL of the earths and they are all earthed very well.

any ideas guys?

no power going to the injectors... im using a 12v bulb probed into one of the injectors connectors with that injector being unplugged . i have tried both pins in the connector through the bulb then to ground, and it does not light up. i also seem to be getting continuity to ground through both pins with a beep tester. (i cant check resistance though :/ )

well at least if i bolt a carb in place of the throttle body, i know it will run...

The injectors are fed from the injection relay pin 10 brown/white. They are batch fired at pin 18 on the Ecu. Brown/blue. Ecu pin 23 controls the injection relay. The injectors/fuel pump/Lambda sensors and heater if available will only have power for a few seconds unless cranking the engine.

Last edited:
right i have got power to the injectors. it was the white relay. i had to clean the contacts and pins for it to work.

ha just tried it and it started!

nice.

ok so

the 8F ECU wiring colours for the P75 1.2 MPI engine:

a big thick RED wire, is a constant live from the battery.
ORANGE wire, its an ignition live.
BROWN with WHITE stripe is the fuel pump
BLUE wire, it is for the REV counter
LIGHT GREY with GREEN stripe goes to the CODE box (ECU pin 7)(wire colours match on ECU and CODE box connector!)
BLUE with GREEN stripe goes to the injector/engine management light (ECU pin 6)
LIGHT GREY with YELLOW stripe goes to the oil light
LIGHT GREY with BLACK stripe goes to the battery/Alternator light
LIGHT GREY only wire goes to the temperature gauge

I hope this helps some one in the future!

i also have found out that if you give the CODE light a permanent live, with the engine and ignition OFF, it flashes like an alarm "armed" light. looks cool, but i would swap the bulb out for an LED. as it is a bit more power saving and the constant on/off on a filament/incandescent bulb causes them to blow faster whereas it does not effect an LED.

Last edited:
Back