PC game: Rome Total War

Currently reading:
PC game: Rome Total War

Any fans of time commanders? This is (AFAIK, definitely visually etc.) what they use and the game is great!

Never played Gettysburg.

Just created custom battle, rome vs. greece. Gave myself 100s of urban guards (the elite of the Roman army) gave them the best armour, highest experience etc. and took on 600 greeks with a little cavalry and some repeating ballisters (rubbish) I lost 80 men and killed 600, it was a blood bath! The urban guards were awesome!

On the otherside, I lost my empire yesterday so will need the enthusiasm to start that mission again,

Bad day at the office for these guys!

rome.jpg

Paul, I got this game. One of my all time greats. I completed it! :D But there are two ways of winning. IIRC one is 60% of the globe and the other is all of it. I managed to get 60%, and then had to end it there because of study etc.

Are any of these games online?

If you can play online, and ever fancy a game, I'll play :) (I am pretty much rookie level, rambo is my style rather than tactics.... as seen on AA :D)

One aspect of the game that annoyed me was the fact my army would retreat even if I out numbered the other side, even when my side was better. :eek:

Back