Technical passenger electric window

Currently reading:
Technical passenger electric window

iScottyD

Hi all, if I use the drivers side buttons to open the the passenger side window, pressing down opens it but pushing up opens it too!

Sometimes it'll work and put the window back up, but 90% of the time it will only go down!!...

Anybody any ideas?

Possibly it is sticking so it thinks there is an obstruction and hence auto downs to prevent injury.

Try cleaning the runners with silicon spray and make sure they are not pinching anywhere.

Possibly it is sticking so it thinks there is an obstruction and hence auto downs to prevent injury.

Try cleaning the runners with silicon spray and make sure they are not pinching anywhere.

Don't think it's that as it works fine from the passenger button, just not from the drivers side.

Thanks for the reply

Then I would suggest trying a replacement switch panel (driver's side) they are quite pricey even on ebay but any Eurovan2 should be compatible.

I bought a broken one cheap and used the parts to repair my original one and it has worked perfectly ever since.

I took the switch panel out and sprayed the internals with wd40 and now it works prefect!!!!

Back