Technical Passenger door won’t lock! Help please

Currently reading:
Technical Passenger door won’t lock! Help please

ShelleyN

Please help if anyone knows…
The passenger side door won’t lock on my 2003 sei. The button won’t go down at all and the driver side is now going down and up, I assume because the passenger side isn’t locking.

Any help on what it might be and how to test would be much appreciated:)

Yes, neither the key nor pushing the button down works. Door open, door closed.

Then im afraid you will (or let someone) open up the door/remove the doorcard to check the lock mechanism.

I have had a look but can’t see much in the door… does anyone know how to remove the actuator? I undid all the obvious but can’t release it

You need to remove the door handle , 2 hex 3mm if i remember correctly from the inside. Then you can remove the door lock by removing the 3 big hex/torx bolts on the side of the door allowing you to remove the lock itself

As aid a screenshot of the involved parts :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210718-220615_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210718-220615_Chrome.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 33
Thanks very much!! I will give it a go when I have a day off work! Is there a way to test the actuator before replacing? Or is it definitely going to be the problem?

When you have it out you can visually check it and test the mechanics, if you know a bit of electronics and you have a 12v power supply you could also test the electrical parts if you have schematic. That i cannot provide but perhaps someone else here?

Back