Technical Parts List/Diagram Help needed!!!!!

Currently reading:
Technical Parts List/Diagram Help needed!!!!!

klang180

I am trying to replace a part that i have absolutely no idea of what the name is.

Basically i have a knocking noise in the car and i have located it to the front offside suspension arm where the ball joint meets a thin rod. To try and be more precise it is to the right of the main suspension spring where there is a ball joint connected to a rod about 1 inch thick and a foot long. The noise is coming from the ball joint itself where there is definite play causing it to knock.

Obvioulsy i am not very technically minded so if anyone could tell me this part i would be most grateful. Similarly if anyone has any experience of this i would be really appreciatve.
If neither, does anyone know where i can find a diagram online or otherwise of the car parts or even a list so i can actually locate what part this might be.

Thank in advance

I think you are refering to the stabiliser link rods whic are mounted vertically adjacent the suspension damper (shock absorber). The stabiliser link rods lower ball joint, bolts to the anti roll bar and the upper stabiliser link rods ball joits bolts to the top of the suspension leg.

Mags

Ok I've tried to attach an image to this post.
Is the part you're referring to labelled "2" in the diagram? If so it's the "drop link" that attaches the suspension to the antiroll bar. It's very easy to replace.

Neil

Attachments

• droplink.jpg
    droplink.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 33
Mags and Neil especially thank you so much for your help that is the exact piece i am refering to and so good to know that it is easy to replace.

The image was excellent and will really help!

What a great resource this forum is.

Thanks so much again!!!

Klang, if you do decide to have a go yourself, bear in mind that you must jack up the car under the bodywork, not under the suspension, otherwise the antroll bar will be in torsion and the link will be very difficult to remove and refit.
You may also find the replacement links differ slightly in that the originals have a flat, for a spanner to fit on, to prevent the joint rotating as you undo the nut; the replacements may be slightly different in that you need to use an allen key to prevent rotation as you tighten the nuts.

Good luck !

Neil

Thank you again!

Mags i bought that very drop link you directed me to!!
Neil thanks for the advice you people are simply amazing to help me out like that. I could have spent hours on the phone trying to work what that part was and then order one in but instead i've managed to find my answer the solution and advice on how to do it all in two days!
Thank so much, are you moderators of the site or just fans? How can i express my thanks??

Back