Technical parts interchangeability

Currently reading:
Technical parts interchangeability

Goodall

hey will be getting a restoration project fiat x1/9 (1500) next week, the car needs a little work (install radiator) and some parts (seats, door cards, front spoiler, and a clutch slave cylinder) just wondering what the score is on using older seats or door cards (from a 1300) in the 1500.

The later 1500 (Bertone model) used a completely different fittings for seats but the earlier version (Fiat) should be able to have the 1300 seats fit although I doubt that would be a good idea as the 1500 seats were much more comfortable. Try getting hold of some early MX5 seats instead - they do fit (with some adaptation) and are significantly better than any of the Fiat seats.

The door cards are much the same but likely to be a totally different colour to the rest of your interior and of course there is the more significant problem if you have electric windows.

The rest of the interior is totally different and there isn't a lot you can transfer between the two (from an aesthetic point of view) but I'm pretty sure you could fit a 1300 interior in a 1500 if you really tried.

i am in the middle of fitting seats out of a toyota supra which cost me £20 from the scrap yard they do need a bit of modifying but they will fit

Back