Parts down under

Currently reading:
Parts down under

Dazzz

Hi All,

Fiat parts are very expensive down under. But seem fairly cheap in Europe/UK.

Has anyone got a decent supplied in Aus or NZ? Or know a way to get parts shipped for fair prices?

Cheers,
Daz

I was hoping there would be a supplier I hadn't found yet that could supply parts as I need them, so just in general.

I have a headlight and a rear suspension bump stop (03 Ducato) sitting in a freight forwarding company from the UK who want 200pounds to send it on. Crazy money and I don't 100% know if it is the correct part. It should be but who knows until its in your hands!

For £200 your average tourist would stick the parts in their suitcase and POST their clothes home.. be there in 6 weeks ;)

There will be ways and means of buying parts to you cheaper..

Where were these bought?

On an older vehicle other suppliers may feature :)

A lot of these parts will be common to Peugeot Citroen models.. with a whole different supply chain

You may even find places like Singapore work well as the exchange rates can make big differences

Last edited:
I have shipped parts from Ireland to Australia, NZ, sent a new Alfa 147 centre console, with tracking and insurance, arrived in 3 weeks, cost 75 euro in postage, its all going to depend on KG weight off the parts sent, and size, anything over 6 foot in length impossible to send I find,
I have sent fiat punto mk1 gearshift gators to Australia and they cost just 28 euro to ship with tracking and insurance.
But at moment with COVID crises would not even attempt to send past the UK from Ireland, as parts end up stuck in Heathrow airport storage facility.

Back