General Part suppliers for Classic 500's

Currently reading:
General Part suppliers for Classic 500's

dangfiat

I've found a few different parts suppliers for my new '67 500F. Which one's do the folks on this board recommend?

I'm looking at Ricambio, Axel Gertzl, 500madness, and Mr. Fiat

Thanks, and I know this has been posted before but I can't seem to find a list of all places in one spot

Cheers!

I've used the first two and both are brilliant. Ricambio are amazingly prompt at getting your parcel shipped. AG will quickly calculate shipping to almost everywhere and to the UK, they don't seem phased by Brexit. Parts quality and source are almost universally the same, regardless of supplier.

My two preferred suppliers currently are Motobambino and eBay here in the UK. For anything 126 related we have Lucasz at LP Garage Whois always reasonable. Also no harm in posting a list of wants here to see what it turns up. I have shipped quite a few bits to the US and Canada from my collection. For tuning parts I have to go to Italian suppliers like 500 Mania and D ‘ Angelo Motori.
I have also used Axel Gerstl and Ricambio as Peter suggests.
also Fiat 500 Spare Parts tend to be well priced.

When i had to order all my body panels, i used Ricambio. They were the most helpful when doing a large shipment (a skid and a half). I must of bugged them 20 times and kept on adding to the order lol. They were the one stop shop that had all i needed for my resto. I also visited their shop when visiting the UK, and they have a nice setup there. Tonnes of parts like a kid in a candy store. Their prices are definitely not the cheapest; they pay to import into the UK from europe and obviously drives up their price, but they can ship fast using DHL express, and have a few unique parts. So if your in a pinch, that's who i would go with when shipping to North America. I have also heard of Motobambino, spoke with them a few times. But havent used them yet. Also another great alternative from what i hear.

Axel Gertzl has been my go to for most of the trim and detail bits. They have a fantastic selection of parts, with a few tuner parts also. Ive done likely 5-6 orders with them, and only had 1 product issue that they fixed nearly a year later (didn't notice until i went to install the part). They unfortunately dont offer any sort of express shipping, and i found it takes approx 4 weeks for shipments to arrive thru the post from Germany to Canada. Likely the same to the US. So if your not in a rush they are my go to. Their shipping price has always been reasonable compared to other suppliers and the endless increase in shipping costs.

Italian ebay... its tempting, if you know the search terms, you will likely find what your looking for. I will just say, italian post is not the most reliable, and things are "lost in translation". I only go that route for specialized parts that are really only available from Italy.

Last edited:
In my experience, it costs less to purchase from Ricambio and ship to US than to purchase from Mr. Fiat. Also, I've gotten a few parts of questionable quality from Mr. Fiat. I generally try Chris Obert (fiatplus.com) first. He doesn't have the full range of 500 parts, but he has a lot, and he gives excellent advice.

Back