Technical Parrot Bluetooth

Currently reading:
Technical Parrot Bluetooth

Gunny Bedford

Hi,

Just recently i purchased a parrot mobile phone bluetooth kit the CK3000 model. We got one earlier for my wifes scenic and were impressed with it. I got it from Halfords and duly tried to get it fitted by them today. My wife took it as i was at work, apparently they spent 1 1/2 hours trying to fit it and then decided they couldn't as the my radio was only 6Volts and was not powerful enough to run the parrot kit and the radio at the same time? i have the standard Blaupunkt CD radio in my car (1.3 90BHP diesel) is this right or are they talking **it ?? if this is the case can fiat supply a similar type of thing that will work in the GP that is not too expensive the parrot was £99.99 including fitting.

ta
Neil

Sounds like they're talking nonsense. I don't know of any other cars that step down the ususal 12 volts to operate a radio from 6, what would be the point, it would cost more to do that and you'd have a completely non-standard radio.

HA HA, i've heard some excuses in my time, but "the standard radio is 6 volts" is complete rubbish. If the wiring loom was only sending 6 volts to the radio, then my aftermarket head unit wouldn't even fire up, cos that needs 12 volts like every other car radio i know of.:rolleyes:

Muppets:cry:

take it to another halfords where they may just have someone with a brain working.

deeyup

After doing some asking around it would appear to be correct the parrot cannot be installed just be plugging into the rear of the radio via the ISO sockets. Apparently the GP uses "multiplexing" wiring loom Ti help me out here ! from what i can gather this means that the 12v from the battery is split into smaller sums to power the various electrical items, ie windows, central locking, therefore the power to the radio is not the full 12v.
It can still be wired in but it requires additional kit to install it. Which is most annoying cos it would appear that most places insist on charging £100 to fit it, making the grand cost £199 which is toooo expensive in my books! annoying cos Halfords install them for free if it is just a straight forward installation using the wiring that comes with the kit. Anyone know a company either in kent or mobile that will install for a cheaper price ?

Back