Park Motors - Vereeniging (Punto Essence)

Currently reading:
Park Motors - Vereeniging (Punto Essence)

Tabkey

Hiya everyone,

I have a Punto Essence, bought it at Park Motors in Vereeniging SA ... my issue is:

1) When we bought the car, there was a problem, when you braked, there was a vibration on the steering wheel ...

2) We were told it was the disks, and these got replaced by the factory

3) Vibration was better, but not gone (slight vibration) and a click sound when you break, which we were told were normal.

4) On 50 000km, the disk (2nd round) needs to be replaced "again" as the vibration on the steering wheel is hectic.

5) We're being told that this is normal wear and tear and that it is due to user behavior ... I am asking you, if our previous car (Chev) had 277 000km on the clock, with no disk replacement, travelling exactly the same routes, how on earth can this be pinned to "driver behavior" and "normal wear and tear" ??

Are they using an inferior material for their disks? Are someone not owning up to a manufacturing defect?

It really just doesn't make sense and I am not satisfied with their responses!!!

Feedback anyone ...

Thanx,
Tabkey

Hiya everyone,

I have a Punto Essence, bought it at Park Motors in Vereeniging SA ... my issue is:
We're being told that it is due to user behavior ... I am asking you, if our previous car (Chev) had 277 000km on the clock, with no disk replacement, travelling exactly the same routes, how on earth can this be pinned to "driver behavior" and "normal wear and tear" ??

It really just doesn't make sense and I am not satisfied with their responses!!!

Feedback anyone ...

Thanx,
Tabkey

hi,
I've only EVER had 1 problem with warping discs - however I'm told that keeping your foot down HARD on the brakes after heavy braking can lead to the brake pads "sinking" into surface of the hot metal and therefore distorting the running brake surface,
did your old Chevy have solid discs or Vented..??,
Charlie

martwho - Nope, I know what cold water to hot steel does, so nope, don't do that hey *smiles*

varesecrazy - Nope, am not doing that either hey, I am a very economical driver (my record on the Punto is: 692km per tank, 15.4km per litre, 6.1 Average Consumption ... I manged to get 712km, after this one too).

W.r.t. the question around the Chev, it was a solid disk, and not a vented one though ... *smiles* ...

Hi Tabkey

I had the same issue, 27000 on the clock (2011 model) and on my second set of disk and pads and again I have shudder when braking. I conciser myself a "steady" driver and no hard braking, also wash the car myself so no chance of jet spray on the disks. I have confronted FIAT on the issue many times and had to swallow all costs myself (R10 000 so far for brakes and disks) along with a faulty clutch which "flaps" and difficulty engaging gear. Again FIAT wanted to know nothing of it, or I must pay R4000 to strip the clutch and if they find themselves at fault they will cover, else need to pay a further R12 500 to repair. Friend said he would do it complete at R6400, needless to say you know which option I took. I hate to say this but FIAT don't want to know and seems the warranty is not worth the paper its written on as all problems I have had are "wear and tear" according to them . Even went as far as putting a complaint on HelloPeter, 6 month down the line no-one has had the decency to come back to me or even reply. :bang::cry:

Back