General Panda Snow Capades

Currently reading:
General Panda Snow Capades

Hi all, I decided to start a new snow thread where people can post up pictures/discussions on panda related snow fun! There are some other threads but this title captures all pandas not just 4x4s (could possibly become a winter time sticky? :p).

Anyway, I'll get it going with some tasty mk1 pics taken up on rodborough common in Stroud:

DSCI2555.JPG

DSCI2556.JPG

DSCI2557.JPG

DSCI2558.JPG

Cheers and Merry Christmas to all!
Si

Hi all, I decided to start a new snow thread where people can post up pictures/discussions on panda related snow fun! There are some other threads but this title captures all pandas not just 4x4s (could possibly become a winter time sticky? :p).

Anyway, I'll get it going with some tasty mk1 pics taken up on rodborough common in Stroud:

Cheers and Merry Christmas to all!
Si

That's good work fella.. I can't imagine where you can't get to with those tyres :slayer:

Even with road tyres and 2WD my Panda coped admirably with the snow earlier this year and I have no reason to believe it won't cope with the forecast cold snap over the next few weeks..

Cheers,

Plug

That's good work fella.. I can't imagine where you can't get to with those tyres :slayer:

Even with road tyres and 2WD my Panda coped admirably with the snow earlier this year and I have no reason to believe it won't cope with the forecast cold snap over the next few weeks..

Cheers,

Plug

I heartily agree! Even with Cinq. wheels fitted i managed to get home one day earlier this year on a route that only 4x4 cars were using! She did well today too bearing in mind i live near Si! Wish i had his tyres tho!:cry:

Poor old panda's are quite well hidden in the snow at the moment, might have a go at digging them out later.
Does anyone know how good selecta's are in the white stuff or are they a no go ? Think I might opt to dig out manual panda van ..........:D

Attachments

• DSC_2833.jpg
    DSC_2833.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_2834.jpg
    DSC_2834.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_2844.jpg
    DSC_2844.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 17
Poor old panda's are quite well hidden in the snow at the moment, might have a go at digging them out later.
Does anyone know how good selecta's are in the white stuff or are they a no go ? Think I might opt to dig out manual panda van ..........:D

Oh wow!! You have tonnes of snow!!!!! The selecta might be heavier and have thinner tyres but you have no engine braking!! No good using brakes as they lock up and you lose control. 1st gear in any panda is a fantastic brake however and controls the decent quite well (y) Thats my thought anyway, has worked for me so far! :slayer:

Si

Happy christmas to you too Si, your 4x4 looks like it is having fun!!!

Its about time I had some fun in it. Everything has been breaking lol. Gear linkage is feeling a bit dodgy now too :eek: I am fashioning a repair that I can keep in the car for "the event". Making use of the linkage Steve has kindly donated! Its going to be a cut and shut linkage btw steve!! :devil: Hoping its not roadside snow repair though!! lol

Si

PS Focus Car park is quite snowy ;)

Well dug out the panda's, baz the van is a no go his battery is completely dead:( Had a quick go out in the selecta and he seems fine, I just dread other idiots on the road getting in the way !
Monty the selecta is ready to go in the morning (i set out about 6am) so the road should be quiet for a fairly hopefully trouble free 20 miles to work !
Thought id share pics of the front of our house !

Attachments

• DSC_2862.jpg
    DSC_2862.jpg
    836.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_2864.jpg
    DSC_2864.jpg
    786.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Well they werent insanely expensive so I am quite pleased. They are not much good on the road as the car darts all over the place and understeers!! lol

You can get them here though if you only want a spare set like me:devil::

http://www.tyresdirectuk.co.uk/xcart/product.php?productid=16657&cat=0&page=1

Thanks for this tip Si, went over and picked a set up this afternoon :). Nice guy and the tyres were an absolute bargain (£100). I've got a spare set of alloys I can fit them to since getting a new set for my Birthday.
As I'll be using them on 2wd Pandas most of the time I went for 155/70R13's, I figure they may be a bit more stable on normal roads than the 145/13's and I don't really need the extra ground clearance the 145's would give.
Can't wait to get them fitted to the blue clx and hit some snow!

Thanks for this tip Si, went over and picked a set up this afternoon :). Nice guy and the tyres were an absolute bargain (£100). I've got a spare set of alloys I can fit them to since getting a new set for my Birthday.
As I'll be using them on 2wd Pandas most of the time I went for 155/70R13's, I figure they may be a bit more stable on normal roads than the 145/13's and I don't really need the extra ground clearance the 145's would give.
Can't wait to get them fitted to the blue clx and hit some snow!

No probs, I think they're a good choice based on what I've seen so far. Dont even need 4wd most the time until it comes to a steep climb! Like the road outside my house lol :eek:

Giacosa said:
Is that the Panda called Qing Qing?

Yarp, thats her! She certainly looks the part with these tyres, just feeling very nervous about gear linkage atm, really dont want to climb under the car in the snow!! :( Fingers crossed it'll make it through to the slightly warmer times :D

Si

Ok, having to share my winter pics around the snow themed threads. These were taken just after fitting the winter tyres but not put in the Pandas playing polar bears thread........

Back