Technical Panda Recall - RHD Body Computer Headlights

Currently reading:
Technical Panda Recall - RHD Body Computer Headlights

Just to add to this thread (there is another just opened). Two owners (myself included) are, on recently having the recall completed, now experiencing an issue of al the lights permanently on with the ignition! Unable to turn them off or brighten the console!:bang:

Mine happened about a mile away from the garage driving home!(n)

Am I right in thinking that the brightness on the console can be adjusted? If that's true, how is it done? Always thought it was a bit dim (No doubt like myself!) on my 4x4!

Am I right in thinking that the brightness on the console can be adjusted? If that's true, how is it done? Always thought it was a bit dim (No doubt like myself!) on my 4x4!

Not that I'm aware of...

I think Vic20 is referring to the auto-dimming of the dash lights when the headlights are on.

You are right - LIGHTING is the first item on the menu you get by pressing the up or down buttons on the dash - also used to set all sorts of other parameters,

Yes press setup ( while stationary) and 'up ' until you get to the 'Dimmer' option.

My 12 plate Lounge TA seems to have been updated successfuly (fingers crossed). The only difference I've noticed is that S/S now stays locked off instead of needing a reset at every start up. Previous updates didn't address this: I assume because two seperate computers are involved.
Mike.

Last edited:
My 12 plate Lounge TA seems to have been updated successfuly (fingers crossed). The only difference I've noticed is that S/S now stays locked off instead of needing a reset at every start up. Previous updates didn't address this: I assume because two seperate computers are involved.
Mike.

:confused:

The stop/start should stay at whatever its was position it was previously at when you last turned the car off.
Your's kept defaulting to stop start enabled did it?

Last edited:
but they need to rip the dash out to sort the rattle and they can't do that until next week, so they can keep it until then.

Dash on the Pop now sorted, quiet as a mouse.
I found a few sticky backed foam pads in the foot well, seems that's what been used to dampen things down.
Not sure if the lights all work properly, not yet had the chance to test as I had to pick both cars up from different dealers, the first car is still at the second dealer until I can bum a lift to pick it up.

[/QUOTE] Now it's time to sort the brakes out on the 4x4.
There's a "clonk" when I back up and put the brakes on.
It does it again when I first brake again going forward.
Sounds like the pads slapping in the calipers and it's getting louder.[/QUOTE]

4x4 clonk still there.
"It's normal sir"
Turns out it's the drivetrain, some slack in a power take off for the 4x4 system that's "just noisy" when changing rotation.
Oh well, at least they've put it in writing.

:confused:

The stop/start should stay at whatever its was position it was previously at when you last turned the car off.
Your's kept defaulting to stop start enabled did it?

Yes, has done from new. The dealer told me it was a Euro 5 stipulation and couldn't be changed, but subsequent posts on here suggested that one of the updates would fix it. But non worked for me. I assume it only affected the earlier models.
Mike.

The recall process for this issue has now changed, It also involves replacing the whole indicator stalk/light switch mechanism!

See THIS thread.

For anyone who does not wish to pay to have their dash quietened down if it's out of warranty or do not wish to be without their car for too long - I've found a 12/14mm thick piece of rubber rod (solid) in my bicycle workshop recently, chopped it in half (now have 2 6cm pieces) and have wedged it between the windscreen on either side and that seems to have sorted it. I will know for sure once I visit my friend who lives down 100m of unmade road.

My Pop is a first reg Sept 2013 model so I may be on the cusp if it was sitting around the warehouse for a few months? No commucations suggesting it needs the work as yet - and no problems personally.

Hello

I've had a recall for a body computer headlight turning off even though I have never had this problem before on my fiat panda. Had it done on the 09/05/16. A few days later when I turned the car on the headlights switched on automatically and I can't switch them off anymore when the engine is on!
The headlights only come off when the engine is off!
I told the fiat where I bought the car from and they don't think its' connected with the recall even though I think it is! They say it's coincidence but for me this is an obvious consequence to the recall. I had it checked from a private mechanic an he thinks it's the switch... I asked FIAT and they would charge me for headlight switch replacement £259.00inc vat to fit + £77 car diagnostic!
Anybody know if there is a way out to this? Do you think this is pure coincidence?

Back