Technical Panda mk2 not locking

Currently reading:
Technical Panda mk2 not locking

PERK1E

On my 2014 mk2 panda 4x4, The dash is saying the tailgate is open and the main interior lights are staying on as if a door is open, this is stopping the central locking from locking the car with the key fob! but the boot light does turn on and off with the opening and closing of the tailgate which is closing correctly to the body mount, any suggestions

On my 2014 mk2 panda 4x4, The dash is saying the tailgate is open and the main interior lights are staying on as if a door is open, this is stopping the central locking from locking the car with the key fob! but the boot light does turn on and off with the opening and closing of the tailgate which is closing correctly to the body mount, any suggestions
you've not had any replies here yet because this is the wrong forum for Puntos from 1999 - 2006 I have flagged the post to be moved to the panda forum by the moderators.

To probably answer your question though all cars will have a "door ajar" sensor in the doors and boot, if the sensor is broken the car will still think the door or boot is still open and so the interior light won't work and on fiats if the door is open the central locking will lock the car then immediately unlock it again.

This problem is usually caused by someone being a bit over zealous when shutting (slamming) the door or boot.

There’s two micro switches in the boot latch one switches the light off one switches the dash light off

They both short to earth to register there closed

Leave it with me we should be able to bodge it to lock the doors

2014 would make it a mk4 (319), rather than mk2? Might be better in 2012+ Panda section?

Have you checked the boot handle isn't causing it to release? Sometimes mine sticks in the open position - I have to push the handle closed again.

Removing the handle to clean it might help - they do get a fair bit of muck build up inside them.

Otherwise I would also suspect the wiring from the latch on the boot lid.

Back