Technical Panda Cross 2 wheel drive!!!

Currently reading:
Technical Panda Cross 2 wheel drive!!!

beirned

My Cross is 3 years old (just out of warranty (n)) and I have owned it for 10 months. Saturday, 1 afternoon of Snow and the dreaded 4x4 unavailable is on the dashboard, also the 4x4 warning light at first was intermittent and now is on all the time. I also noticed on Sunday long travel on my foot break, all this in 1 lousy day of Snow any ideas please? Classic that a 4x4 system that stops working in the Snow!!!:bang:
(Maybe the UK's wrong type of snow!! ;))

Thanks’ you for your advice M.E.P. I decided to phone up the Fiat dealer this morning and the good news there is an outstanding Campaign 5396 on my car.(y) It’s the replacement of something (if I heard him correctly) called an Electro-Pneumatic Valve so they booked me in for this Friday afternoon. Also He said they have never had one of these cars in before so it a new job for them so could I allow them a bit more time. Are the panda cross that rare? And the break problem, I just find this mad, on the way home from work this evening I took the car for a good hot car wash at the local supermarket that includes the under floor wash, good for getting rid of the grit/salt I parked up got some shopping and about 30 minuets or so later drove home and noticed the break pedal is back to normal and still is, very pleased but amazing!!:confused:

Thank you, your comments made be start doing a bit of a search
Found this website tells you haw many left of every car in the UK Panda Cross 691, 6 SORN in UK,
http://howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/fiat_panda_cross_m-jet_4x4
I’m rather pleased now; I just searched autotrader for a small 4x4 and I actually had the Suzuki Jimny in mind but I came across the Panda…. Glad I got it. :D
I just can’t wait for Friday you get rid of the 'as from today intermittent 4x4 fault:(

The brake problem may be something 'unexpected', and where 'good hot wash' may actually make it worse*. I have found (again this week after the weekend's heavy snow fall here) that when driving in snow (where I tend not to use the brakes and slow on the gears instead) that the all-round disc brakes seem to get a layer of ice on them! This means even a good hard shove on the brake pedal seems to do very little, even no braking! So, even if you don't use them much in the snow, give them a gentle dab at regular intervals to keep them clear of ice, and as soon as there's a well-gritted bit of road, get them a real test -- the heat of braking cures the problem.. (By the way, this seems to be worse first thing in the mornings after a freezing night. Pads and discs are in good shape, so I can only assume its ice).

*That 'good hot wash' may well make the brakes good and wet, ready to freeze overnight

Last edited:
Back