General Panda clock not working

Currently reading:
General Panda clock not working

Is this a common problem?. clock was working fine in 1993 Fizz,then started working on and off. Which isnt much good if you want to know the time.
Is there a fix for this, or is it just time for a new clock?..
If anyone has one, please let me know.
Thanks

Very common problem, I bet there are more clocks around that don't work properly than ones that do.

"time for a new clock," see what you did there. :p

It may be worth taking it apart as far as you can, give it a spray of electrical cleaner, etc. It worked with one of mine.

My is doing the same, on - off - on - off, i do suspect plastic gears wearing out as main reason or some spring being weak. It's all caused by rough way to set the time ( push in and turn anticlockvise).
Now when i'll have a play with "seting pin" puling it slightly out or pushing it in, the clock noise/sound is changing, sometimes it helps but while in move constant vibriations are making it to stop.

Ok, will check the connectors, but theres obviously been issues before I bought her as it has lots of glue top and bottom.
Will let you know if it cures it, clock also stopped in Sisley, but as Fizz is now my main car, I tend to notice stuff that doesnt work. Especially as she isnt fitted out with much stuff as standard!.

I have a working clock, except I can't change the time:rolleyes: Halfway there I suppose.

I woukd check the connections are all good in the dash first, might just be a loose connector.
disconnect the battery, check the time on the clock, at that time go and reconnect the battery, sorted(y)
Seems the clocks in Pandas are largely ornamental. I have 2 that don't keep time and one that does but makes a constant grinding noise. Anyone got a spare blanking plate off a basic model?

Two replacement doors not yet fitted? But that would make it a cinqueporte coz you have to count the hatchback.

But Maserati never made a Cinqueporte. :p
Anyway, I was randomly looking at Panda's on Flickr and...

1800708315_02148fcb92_b.jpg

Back