Technical panda 51986261 ecu

Currently reading:
Technical panda 51986261 ecu

Kevinpanda

Can anyone tell me if I fit a brand new ECU (Magneti morelli) are they self learning as in Plug & Play learning the IMMO code of first key on ?? any help would be appreciated :)

I read on a different forum(re 0.9 panda) recently that a new engine ecu picks up immo codes automatically. As previous poster states

Last edited:
Very happy to be proven wrong here, as being able to swap in a virgin ECU without hassle is useful. Assume a known good used ECU wouldn't play ball so nicely?!

Yes a new ECU is viginised effectively blank other than engine parameters, it talks to the BCU on initialisation. A used one has to be wiped of the info from the donor car, what we call viginised.
A new one will be plug and play.

The ECU did goo on, coded by the car on first key turn, it did however give me code for clutch position not learnt and 2 'Manufaturer specific' codes, didnt however solve my initial problem, but it will do as a spare if my ECU goes bad, which is common with Fiat ECU,s it would need a dealer to sort the codes out but is still useable, I have previously used a 'virginised' ECU on my 2012 Panda and it was Plug & Play, no fault codes but then again the 2012 doesnt have clutch switch.

The ECU did goo on, coded by the car on first key turn, it did however give me code for clutch position not learnt and 2 'Manufaturer specific' codes, didnt however solve my initial problem, but it will do as a spare if my ECU goes bad, which is common with Fiat ECU,s it would need a dealer to sort the codes out but is still useable, I have previously used a 'virginised' ECU on my 2012 Panda and it was Plug & Play, no fault codes but then again the 2012 doesnt have clutch switch.
Hi,
Thanks for confirming the engine ecu learns the immo code on first key on.

You have another incomplete code that is being interpreted as clutch switch fault- it is not a clutch switch fault - if you can read the complete code using MES it will guide you to your actual fault because all the full codes will point toward the same cause.
Best wishes
Jack

Last edited:
Back