Technical Panda 100HP coolant leak

Currently reading:
Technical Panda 100HP coolant leak

joeyouung

Hello everyone,
It appears that my fiat Panda 100HP has quite a big coolant leak. I've found out where it's coming but can't seem to find the part anywhere? There's a slit in one of the hoses which is causing pretty much any coolant to come straight back out and leak all over the engine bay. I've been looking for a replacement hose online for the past 5 hours but can't seem to find the right one? I don't know if I'm searching by using the wrong name or something but I can't find out anything about it. It's pretty much a straight rubber tube, but all of the coolant hoses I find online are completely different shapes and sizes!

Any help will be greatly appreciated, without this part my car just overheats but it seems to be non existent on the internet 😂
Thanks
Joe

Hello everyone,
It appears that my fiat Panda 100HP has quite a big coolant leak. I've found out where it's coming but can't seem to find the part anywhere? There's a slit in one of the hoses which is causing pretty much any coolant to come straight back out and leak all over the engine bay. I've been looking for a replacement hose online for the past 5 hours but can't seem to find the right one? I don't know if I'm searching by using the wrong name or something but I can't find out anything about it. It's pretty much a straight rubber tube, but all of the coolant hoses I find online are completely different shapes and sizes!

Any help will be greatly appreciated, without this part my car just overheats but it seems to be non existent on the internet 😂
Thanks
Joe
Not sure how much this helps, but I think these part numbers are correct for the 100hp.

Coolant Hoses:

Unique to 100hp:
51764959 (or 51891931?)

Also used on other models: (500 1.4, etc.)

I replaced all hoses on my own 100hp a couple of years ago. Two of the unique ones were hard to find in the UK, but I eventually found them in Germany.
I bought a "joiner" for one pipe as a temporary measure which kept it mobile until I had all of the pipes. Splices with 2 jubilee clips.
Hope this helps.

(1) OP does not say which hose is causing the problems. So which one is it?

(2) Do you want the car to stay original? If not 51891931 could be replaced with a straight hose and maybe a metal bend(s) if tight turns are needed.

(3) The radiator QD coupling are there for easy fitting in the factory. When they get damaged, you may need to get an "ordinary" hose and fit the 100HP version to the connector with a worm drive clip.

(4) The small bore vent hose across the back of the engine often pulls on the expansion tank and breaks the pipe spigot with obvious results.

Last edited:
(1) OP does not say which hose is causing the problems. So which one is it?

(2) Do you want the car to stay original? If not 51891931 could be replaced with a straight hose and maybe a metal bend(s) if tight turns are needed.

(3) The radiator QD coupling are there for easy fitting in the factory. When they get damaged, you may need to get an "ordinary" hose and fit the 100HP version to the connector with a worm drive clip.

(4) The small bore vent hose across the back of the engine often pulls on the expansion tank and breaks the pipe spigot with obvious results.
In my case it was part of a project to return a nice 100hp back to completely original spec, so had to research all parts used (that's why I know way too much for sanity about the differences between genuine factory 100hp and standard aftermarket front suspension!). Not my car, and almost no restrictions on budget.

On the other hand, my "old dog" 100hp has a very random mix of original and cut-and-paste pipes, mainly because the whole car barely cost more than a full set of coolant pipes... strangely it is more fun to drive.

And I can't see the faded paint, lacquer peel and underbonnet bodgery from the drivers seat.

Back