General Pale blue paint code ?

Currently reading:
General Pale blue paint code ?

I have a pale blue 1986 early MkII. I don't know if its the same colour you have but mine is AZZURRO CHIARO code 485/F.

heres a picture of it https://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/data/3636/image2168.jpg

There are 2 codes 485 Bob. Yours is 485L (for light) - if Vernon gave you the rattle can I had made up, that's got the correct one on it. It was trial & error, as Fiat saw fit to have more than one 485 for the same car & year, but Halfords were very helpful mixing a test of both up for me!! (y)

There are 2 codes 485 Bob. Yours is 485L (for light) - if Vernon gave you the rattle can I had made up, that's got the correct one on it. It was trial & error, as Fiat saw fit to have more than one 485 for the same car & year, but Halfords were very helpful mixing a test of both up for me!! (y)

Thats starange 'cos I took the code off the sticker on the car :confused: . I don't doubt you are correct as you lived with the car for longer than I've owned it. its just strange that Fiat put the F on the sticker.

I'm glad I found out before I got any made up (y)

Thats starange 'cos I took the code off the sticker on the car :confused: . I don't doubt you are correct as you lived with the car for longer than I've owned it. its just strange that Fiat put the F on the sticker.

I'm glad I found out before I got any made up (y)

The F is irrelevant - for Fiat I think. Adriatic blue (my 127) is 408F.

There is a blue light light (Chiaro means light coloured), and a blue light. Your one has a tiny bit more white in it, and is the lighter of the 2 x 485 codes listed. The label just has the number (I had something similar with the Palio - unfortunately I now can't remember what it was, but there were 2 different shades of the paint code for that too! :rolleyes:

The F is irrelevant - for Fiat I think. Adriatic blue (my 127) is 408F.

There is a blue light light (Chiaro means light coloured), and a blue light. Your one has a tiny bit more white in it, and is the lighter of the 2 x 485 codes listed. The label just has the number (I had something similar with the Palio - unfortunately I now can't remember what it was, but there were 2 different shades of the paint code for that too! :rolleyes:

They don't say Fiat are quirky for nothing do they? :rolleyes:

Let's hope it's the same paint code as Chiaro/Po after all that :p

Is it this colour?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 28
Hi again, I am trying to find the paint code for my 1985 Mk1 panda, none of the code stickers are left and I need to match the paint. The colour is a pale blue, I have posted pictures of the car on my profile so am hoping someone can help.
Cheers, Paul

The colours already mentioned may match yours but the fact that yours is a Seat could mean that they made their own similar shade rather than use a Fiat colour.

Nice looking Panda bye the way. :yum: Are there many in Cyprus in that condition?

Edit: Oops! Sorry I mean Spain.

Last edited:
Hi, there are not many left, in fact i've not seen another Mk1. Our equivelent to auto trader is Autoscout24.es. Sisleys are very popular out here and of cause everything is rust free, mine still has blue paint underneath !!!!

If his car is like the photo I posted than it looks a little darker than Po, I wonder if it's not the L (light) code but the darker one? Maybe?

Yes I agree - Chiaro always looked nearer white than that in photos (though Po may look bluer!).

Have a look at Clowndog's (I think) thread from NZ. That Panda is the darker blue light (485).

Sorry I'm ill (man flu :eek: ) so really can't be bothered to find the thread & link to it :eek:

Back