General Paintwork Cracking Issue

Currently reading:
General Paintwork Cracking Issue

Andy 418

I have a 2008 mwb Ducato. I have owned it from new and when it was about a month old I noticed the paint started cracking in the mastic joints above the rear doors next to the drip strip. After endless journeys to fiat to get this problem sorted all I kept getting told it was normal. I dont think this is acceptable and I was just getting passed from fiat customer services to fiat dealer who dealt with warranty who wouldnt rectify the paintwork under warranty so fiat dealer said they couldnt do anymore speak to customer services :bang:. Anyway after a year I threatened them with trading standards and hey presto, the dealer are apparently going to reseal and paint the mastic joints at there own expense. Oh and mend my side door switch for the 4th time which keeps buzzing on every bump again :mad:. Anyone else had this problem as after looking at many ducatos all seem to be cracking in the same place. I wont accept it as "normal for it to flex and crack on this point" dont they mean weak spot?
As for anything else not really had any other problems as yet, only done 10'000 miles so far so no doubt more problems to come after reading other peoples reviews

Last edited:
Back