Punto (Mk1) paint faded and exhaust

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk1) paint faded and exhaust

punto0211

hi, i have a yellow mk1 punto sporting and the paint has now started fading and now is about 3 different shades of yellow, i was just wondering if there was anyway of bringing the colour back? im also looking for a decent sounding exhaust for it, i dont want anything to big 3 inch maximum, i was thinking about putting a cherry bomb exhaust on but not sure what if it would sound decent

A good going over with a rotary polisher and some decent compound will = bring back the shine to any dull areas which may help bring out the colour but unfortunately it is a common problem with yellow cars.

With the actual colour paint being under a number of lacuqer coats, you can't actually polish the colour, only the lacquer. No matter how much polishing you do, the colour is unlikely to return to its original shade, but atleast it will be very nice and shiny, which helps!

As for the exhaust. As with any carm big exhausts sound ****. If you must get a performance system, get something suited to the job like a full cat back system, not just a backbox off ebay with a bling tip. Cherry bombs are pointless. You may as well just run around with no backbox at all.

Back