General Over speed warning, particule fluid

Currently reading:
General Over speed warning, particule fluid

toptowa

This alarm is driving me nuts does anybody else get it and how do you turn it off. Also just had car in garage as wouldn't go over 60 on motorway and got all sorts of lights and warnings come up. The mechanic says it needs a fuel additive. Is this the particulate fluid I have read about on here, he was quite vague and wouldn't commit to saying that.

:) The over speed is key in ignition just turn to on position.On the end of the wiper stalk is a button look at display (were the clock and all the annoying messages come up!) press button on end of wiper stalk and "Check Control" comes up index through till overspeed comes up and select "off". As for the fap fluid do a search on the forum and read all about it (its like a mini war and peace novel) Hope this helps

Sounds like you need the FAP fluid tank topping up (it lives under the car under the passenger seat area) holds 4 ltrs costs a fortune per ltr. The computer also needs to be "told" new fluids been added. I think some of the later cars had a float to tell the computer the fluid level.

Back