General Outside Temperature Sensor

Currently reading:
General Outside Temperature Sensor

stuartinlancashire

I noticed yesterday afternoon that my outside temperature reading was showing 28/29C and there’s no way that was correct at this time of year in the UK. It did fluctuate up and down as the temperature rose and dropped throughout the afternoon/evening but it was still showing 19c this morning when the true temp was probably just above 0C.

I had a quick search but couldn’t find any other posts about it, so has anyone had a similar fault and how did you resolve it? I’m guessing I’ll have to replace the sensor in the drivers door mirror?

Thank you!

Hi.
I have the same problem but on a Fiat Ducato.
I have found the sensors for under £20.
The dealer will only sell the mirror complete.
If you need the link to the sensor, I am happy to add this.
Nicholas

mine was between 50' in the summer, now dropped to 35', should i say at least it moves!
i did replace the sensor bought on ebay for 6quid , sensor under driver side wing mirror a while back, cracked the mirror in the process and had to order the mirror for nothing achieved in the end, nothing changed, not sure whether the wrong type of sensor i bought, or not sensor playing up, put everything back, tried the driver side door card, may be something clogged in the wiring since the canbus thing, no luck still, gave up since, hope u can get to the bottom of it.

It’s a very bizarre fault as it seems to be intermittent. When I last drove it on Friday the temperature was correct (I know this as it matched one of those digital thermometers you see on the side of a building). It’ll be interesting to see if it shows the right temperature when I go out in it tomorrow.

The temp display is now an option (end of stalk button selector) on the Facelift Qubo rather than showing all the time. Nuisance!! Why do they have to change things?
On the 500X radio, it showed the time and temperature, on the Daiichi HU there's neither time nor temperature. Not progress Sr Fiat.

R-V-M

I noticed yesterday afternoon that my outside temperature reading was showing 28/29C and there’s no way that was correct at this time of year in the UK. It did fluctuate up and down as the temperature rose and dropped throughout the afternoon/evening but it was still showing 19c this morning when the true temp was probably just above 0C.

I had a quick search but couldn’t find any other posts about it, so has anyone had a similar fault and how did you resolve it? I’m guessing I’ll have to replace the sensor in the drivers door mirror?

Thank you!

Hi, we are experiencing the same issue with our 2017 Ducato campervan but cannot find a replacement sensor anywhere. Fist only offer a new full mirror at £400 + vat. Can anyone ease help with where we could get s sensor.

Back