Orange broadband and Xbox Live

Currently reading:
Orange broadband and Xbox Live

Hi all

When I ordered Orange broadband it was quick and excellent, but now 6 months down the line the speeds have reduced and it's okay for browsing but during peak times my xbox live lets me play around half a game before my xbox crashes and eventually after waiting it signs me out of live. Any ideas, or anyone experienced this problem?

P.s. It's not my router and I've tried wired and wireless connections.

All my mates who had orange broadband and use live have jumped ship in last few months because the service would be better if they used carrier pigeons.

Just get a better provider.

Xbox seem to be gay with ISP's...... i had a problem with them in the past (Cant remember what ISP it was with)........ i've recently got a new provider, but i aint played my xbox as of yet so i cant tell you if its any good or not :/.

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search

Put your postcode in there to see what "LLU" ISP's reside in your exchange then pick the best one from reviews etc.

AOL: Enabled
O2 / Be: Not available
C&W / Bulldog: Not available
Edge Telecom: Not available
Entanet: Not available
Lumison: Not available
NewNet: Not available
Node4: Not available
Orange: Enabled as of 20/01/2010
Pipex: Not available
Sky / Easynet: Not available
Smallworld: Not available
TalkTalk (CPW): Enabled
Tiscali: Not available
Tiscali TV: Not available
WB Internet: Not available
Zen Internet: Not available

So orange have LLU, does that mean they've installed things to give me **** internet at peak times? lol

It means your sharing oranges bandwidth to/from the exchange with EVERYONE in your local area who is on Orange they more than likely dirty around with your traffic too at peak times etc.

I notice your exchange has quite a lack of LLU Isp's hence why its ****e probably. I'd give TalkTalk a go before going with anyone else who is non LLU (using BT Wholesale).

Even the poor service you get from Orange will be better than with someone else using BT Wholesale!

It means your sharing oranges bandwidth to/from the exchange with EVERYONE in your local area who is on Orange they more than likely dirty around with your traffic too at peak times etc.

I notice your exchange has quite a lack of LLU Isp's hence why its ****e probably. I'd give TalkTalk a go before going with anyone else who is non LLU (using BT Wholesale).

Even the poor service you get from Orange will be better than with someone else using BT Wholesale!
Yeah that's the problem... I've been with quite a few providers though before and never have had this problem. Tiscali were crap but pipex was alright although their customer service was appauling.

Talk talk only do phone and broadband packages though and the phone line is paid for by work..

Back