Technical oops??!!

Currently reading:
Technical oops??!!

DannyWestwell1986

not got my sporting yet shoud be a week or so, just S****** myself about putting petrol in a diesel. i know full well i'm gonna do this lol anyway done or nearly done this?? :eek:

the fuel cap does have diesel written on it in nice white letters. :D

not got my sporting yet shoud be a week or so, just S****** myself about putting petrol in a diesel. i know full well i'm gonna do this lol anyway done or nearly done this?? :eek:

Some service station (here anyway) have diesel pumps in a separate area to make it obvious. I must admit everytime I fill up I have to remind myself to put the right thing in - its a valid concern, especially if you've had a bad day or in a rush.

its a costly mistake matey if you do. the ex missus had a clio dci and put £10 worth of unleaded in and it cost her £160 to have it rectified!!! its not the work that costs so much its the dumping of the petrol/diesel iirc.

touch wood i haven't done it and i thought i would have! lol.

:devil: good luck buddy! :devil:

Buy BP Ultimate.

Expensive I know, but they have a dedicated helpline, at least for people who put petrol in a diesel. I did!

The livery is so similar in design and colour, and both diesel and petrol pumps say "Ultimate", that this happens all the time apparently. The filling station bloke knew exactly what to do as, he said, he gets lot of these in a month.....:eek:

BP will, providing you have the receipts, pay all costs, except for new fuel. This includes a new engine and all the ancillary expenses should you blow up on a motorway:eek: :eek: .

A very pleasant woman deals with it and I was much impressed. But not really, if you know what I mean!!!

My own dealer was also very, very helpful by the way.

Yes, I was silly, but I was tired, it was poor light, and I had no idea that there was petrol Ultimate as I had only seen the add for diesel.

Needless to say, I stick with my local Shell station now(y)

yer thts gd to know init, some diesel cars have a petrol cap/hole whatever, tht only fits diesel pump in n not a petrol. any1 willing to try this for me?? :D ( didnt think so haha ) (y)

Back