Styling Oops brought some lancia wheels!

Currently reading:
Styling Oops brought some lancia wheels!

trogdor

Well following on from my 1.4 conversion thread,

One of the things I wanted to change was the wheels as standard they have a silly tyre size that is awkward to find.

Anyway I really liked the lancia wheels on J333EVO sei so I decided to borrow the idea. I found a set of wheel on ebay, and made a offer that I thought would be rejected.

However it was accepted! Oops! Didnt mean to spend the money!

Here is link to the wheels, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251208106914?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Anyway they need a refurb and I was wondering what people thought the best colour would be? My Seicento is a bright yellow schumacher, like many others on the site except a bit faded and battered!

I liked the silver grey (anthracite?) wheels on J33EVO's red sei, but I dont think that would work well with yellow? I was thinking white or black? Maybe something else?

Would appreciate peoples opinions!

By the way I think these are 6J and 15 inch? So would suit 165/50/15 tyres. I think the offset is 31 or something like that so should fit without too much hassle?

Attachments

• lancia.JPG
    lancia.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Find out the offset (etc). It'll be on there somewhere. If 6J will take anything up to 195/45/15.

If you're running with the standard engine -- or even a n/a 1242 -- you really need to take gearing into account when choosing tyres. Many tyre manufacturers publish data including rolling circumference, which is a help.

Bugger, thought they would be 15 inches! Oh well at least they look cool and can now fit wider cheaper tyres!

Yellow or blue sounds good. May have to try photoshop.

Bugger, thought they would be 15 inches! Oh well at least they look cool and can now fit wider cheaper tyres!

Yellow or blue sounds good. May have to try photoshop.

This style of wheels can be got in a 14" & 15", can't remember exactly what model has each size though. I think they are 5.5j & 6j respectively.

I had a quick look at the ebay ad and i can't see mention of the size or make it out in any of the pics, you will have to see what you get lol.. Both sizes will fit and 14s would probably be better if you don't have 16v/turbo even if it does limit tyre choice.

They are 14s you can see it on the tyres :-(

My fault, should of checked!

Am hoping they are 6j tho, if they are 5.5 they are no bigger than my current wheels! I think they are 6j but am not sure.

Ah thats music to my ears! Can get cheap good tyres now!

Whereabouts on the photos is it marked? Spent ages looking for an indication!

Any thoughts on what colour people would paint them?

Does anyone know if there are any good places that can powdercoat wheels that dont charge a fortune?

Am based in warrington so places in manchester, liverpool etc!

Last edited:
Ok next question, fiat centre caps or lancia centre caps?

The ones in the middle of my schumacher alloys look like they will fit or I can get some more modern ones?

Not decided on colour yet, I like the idea of polishing but it looks like a lot of work!

my old lancia wheels had a slightly bigger centre cap than a cento but i ran abarth centre caps in them and they never fell out, but you'll just have to wait until you get them and measure them to be sure.. I never had the option of running lancia centre caps as i never had any but i think i might have just used them if i had them.

End of the day, there is hundreds of centre caps out there, this is down to you and what you want.

I would run abarth centre caps but since my car is a schumacher that wouldnt work as all the other badges are MS instead.

Think I will prob go with the lancia ones as they look ok, one seems to be faded but the rest look ok.

Not really, they are just the fiat badge, similar to the one on the bonnet. Thats the only difference as far as I know between the abarth and schumacher wheels.

Back