General OMG! I finally got a Panda!

Currently reading:
General OMG! I finally got a Panda!

Changed the engine oil and filters this morning plus new air filter and now I got the oil temperature light on!!!

Sent from my iPhone using FIAT Forum

Changed the engine oil and filters this morning plus new air filter and now I got the oil temperature light on!!!

Do you mean the oil presure light? if yes, check the connection to the sensor next to oil filter, single wire, male spade 6.3mm connector under rubber boot. Sounds like the connection was interupted.

i am not sure if it is relevant here, but i heard stories that the wrong oil filter can do this on some fire engines?

Yeah I have heard of that too, though I think it was a Lada. The filter was for a different car for which the oil flow was the opposite direction or something like that. Basically doesn't allow the oil to pump correctly or at all.

Ok the lights are out!
It Just settled this morning
Got some spare bulbs for £4 each ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1432303165.051080.jpg

Anti-rust paint for the wheelsImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1434629581.258934.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1434629620.596211.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1434629650.578151.jpg

I was looking for some gun metal grey plastic dip for the wheel hub but can't find it on eBay.it?

Black wheels.... Fast n' Furious ?ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1434644343.779949.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1434644386.794644.jpg

LED bulbs for the front and brake lights
And new indicators bulbsImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1435167057.714406.jpg

I like them and as far as I know legal... And I just read dragon guide???ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1435167133.865632.jpg

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1435178089.675003.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1435178122.699561.jpg

The back water jet for the windscreen has stopped working this morning
The front windscreen washer work perfectly... Any easy fix?
Cheers

Ha ha "Reverse the Polarity" number one Star Trek fix. Well if it's good enough for the StarShip Enterprise it's good enough for the RoadShip Panda.

I think you mean Dr Who circa 1973 as popularised by Jon Pertwee, "reverse the polarity of the neutron flow"

Err I mean it might be star trek how do I know?? I'm not a nerd...

Does the pump stil works (makes sounds)?

If yes, clogged jet.
If not, jammed pump - connect polarity in reverse.

I checked the jet and it looks ok
Will try to connect polarity in reverse for the pump???

the one way valve could be blocked.. you'll find that behind the.. gearbox side.. rear quarter trim. you can use fish tank air hose connectors to connect the bits of pipe together.

it could also be blocked inside the tank its self. you can take the pump out of the tank and clean the gauze the covers the pumps inlet.

i took my tank off and filled it full of bleach to get rid of all organic build-ups inside.

you got to be careful though the rubber seals can split when you put them back together.. if that happens you'll have to get new seals or just silicone seal the pump in.

you could also leave the pumps on the tank, disconnect all the pipes and wires from it, remove it from the car.. fill it with a very light well washed gravel mixed with water and shake it like crazy...

then give it some good flushes out to make sure all the gravel is out.

that should hopefully remove any organic build up on the gauze covering the pump inlet.

my money is on the one way valve behind the trim panel though ;)

Back