Technical Oil pressure sensor location???

Currently reading:
Technical Oil pressure sensor location???

Fiat500x2304

I have a 2.o diesel 500x and need to change the oil pressure sensor. I can see the oil cooler with two pipes going in, its difficult, but cannot see anywhere for the sensor?

Can anyone shed some light on the location, it's really difficult to get to!

Help!

By pressure sensor if you mean the "low oil pressure" switch that activates the light on the dashboard then it is most probably located on the oil filter housing. On the Croma 16V MJet then this is located on the back of the engine block about the horizontal drive shaft.

I'm trying to recall if my 500X 1.4 Multiair has an oil pressure reading/display on the multi-config dash display.

I have the 2.0 multijet diesel and I just cannot find any information about the location. All videos on youtube refer to the 1.3 or the 1.6 but not the 2.0. I can just (very very very just) see the oil cooler and just about see two pipes going in or out from it - but see no other that could be the oil pressure sensor. Not that I would be able to do anything with it, there is no access!!

First thing is finding it - Am I looking in the correct position - do fiat have exploded engine drawings?
Secondly - how on earth would you change it - its impossible to get to (if it is on or near the oil cooler?)

On most 1.9L Multijets the oil filter & cooler stack is on the back of the block, low down and just above the horizontal drive shaft.

1687186176554.png

As you can see from the drawing above the switch, Item 3, is on the lower part below the cooler stack. This is why you can not see it from above.

To gain access you need to take the engine bay lower tray off.

On most 1.9L Multijets the oil filter & cooler stack is on the back of the block, low down and just above the horizontal drive shaft.

View attachment 425645
As you can see from the drawing above the switch, Item 3, is on the lower part below the cooler stack. This is why you can not see it from above.

To gain access you need to take the engine bay lower tray off.
Thanks for the reply, the 1.9 and 2.0 litres are very similar but slightly different. The sensor is not where that diagram suggests, I think uts on top of the oil cooler.

Still struggling with access, looks like I'll have to take the sub frame off just to see clearly, then try to get my hand in enough to fiddle and find the sensor.

Fiat have used 1.9 and 2.0 in marketing / model descriptions.

The 500X 2.0 MultiJet II 140 HP engine is actually 1956 cc
The Croma 2005 Multijet 1.9 150HP is 1910 cc

I believe both engines are basically the same with regards to major components but there will no doubt be differences especially in emissions related changes of equipment.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

You could call in at your local Fiat parts department and ask if the will show you a parts picture for your 500X.

Back