Technical Oil leak.

Currently reading:
Technical Oil leak.

I've got an oil leak as seen in the middle of this picture. any chance you guys would have an idea where it's coming from and what I need to do to fix it?

Attachments

• 1464967305389.jpg
    1464967305389.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 60
Most likely coming throuh the rocker cover gasket/seal, but the coil pack to head seal/ o-ring (if its there) can be weeping as well.
Panda's natural anti corrosion protection.

yeah its a pretty common one.. i have just done the one on my 1242cc fire engine. all you need is a new gasket and maybe some gasket sealent. you have to put 4 blobs in each corner of the gasket.. you will see where you need to put it when you look at the gasket.
after that tighten the rocker cover up to about 8Nm or if you have torque wrench use a 8mm socket on a long reach tightened about as hard as you can tighten it up WITHOUT using any kind or ratchet or bar. just turning the long reach by hand.
over tightening these things causes the gasket to be "cut" and makes it leak again.. guhh :(

just make sure you clean everything up before you install the new gasket.

i also recommend you check over a few things too like the oil spray bar for blockages. mine was blocked pretty bad.

see here:
https://www.fiatforum.com/members-motors/330584-project-fallout-29.html?p=4157779

Back