furby

anyone got any ideas...

I have oil leaking out from my k&n....

does anyone know the price of a pair of ball joints

and an altenator???

furby said:
anyone got any ideas...

I have oil leaking out from my k&n....:(

Is this the light oil used as a filtering medium, or engine oil?

furby said:
does anyone know the price of a pair of ball joints:(

Which ball joints do you need.

furby said:
and an altenator???:(

Nope, sorry no.

furby said:

Your welcome

D

the oil is thick and dark. and sludgy

the 2 front ball joints that you can see if you turn the wheels right round on full lock and look behind

thanks again

furby said:
the oil is thick and dark. and sludgy

Well, firstly, it shouldn't be there. Have you fitted a small filter to your breather pipe or does it go into the bottom of the filter?

furby said:
the 2 front ball joints that you can see if you turn the wheels right round on full lock and look behind

Would these be the ones on the bottom of the wishbone or the ones on the end of the arms protruding from the steering rack?

furby said:
thanks again
Again, your welcome

Cheers

D

Oil in the k&n is usual its the **** that comes from the crankcase breather pipe and if you fit a breather filter on it you can never use the heaters as you get choked with oil fumes :(

For mechanical parts your best off trying the oldest motorfactors in town as there usually the cheapest and like rallycinq they know their stuff

The younger modder said:
Oil in the k&n is usual its the **** that comes from the crankcase breather pipe and if you fit a breather filter on it you can never use the heaters as you get choked with oil fumes :(

Depends how you arrange the breather filter.
If you stick a filter on the original pipe which used to connect to the side of the airbox, while leaving the vacuum end attached to the throttle body, it don't stink.

Back