Technical October 22 Hybrid

Currently reading:
Technical October 22 Hybrid

Hello!

Just swapped my 2021 Tipo for the new Hybrid version. Now, my 71 reg 1.0 Cross had Android Auto which just worked when you plugged the phone into the car.

Picked the new car up (on a 23 plate but built October 22) and bizarrely Android Auto doesn't work. The dealer can't work out if the car actually comes with Android Auto or CarPlay, but will assume it doesn't. The uconnect system keeps freezing and crashing every 3 minutes so it's going back next week for diagnosis.

Question is, does the 2022 Cross Hybrid come with AA/CPlay? It is already missing bits when compared to the 2021 petrol model such as the front and rear parking sensors, leatherette armrest and door cards and such...

Seems a backwards step to remove it if it wasn't available!

Hello!

Just swapped my 2021 Tipo for the new Hybrid version. Now, my 71 reg 1.0 Cross had Android Auto which just worked when you plugged the phone into the car.

Picked the new car up (on a 23 plate but built October 22) and bizarrely Android Auto doesn't work. The dealer can't work out if the car actually comes with Android Auto or CarPlay, but will assume it doesn't. The uconnect system keeps freezing and crashing every 3 minutes so it's going back next week for diagnosis.

Question is, does the 2022 Cross Hybrid come with AA/CPlay? It is already missing bits when compared to the 2021 petrol model such as the front and rear parking sensors, leatherette armrest and door cards and such...

I'm was sure rear parking sensors was now a requirement on all cars guess not

I was under that impression but assume the Rear View Camera negates that ruling...
I think you are correct on that point.

In talking about CarPlay and android auto, It would be weird for fiat to take someone away that has become an industry standard…. The problem is fiat are weird and regularly take things away in cars the further they get from initial release.

I was looking the other day on the Abarth website and very surprised to see you get a choice of 5 colours and literally no options so you can’t change the wheels he interior colours or anything. I suppose they can churn out car after car without worrying about what people want if they don’t give them a choice

Well Uconnect decided to go pop yesterday. Quick trip to the garage this morning and the whole system needs changing. Ordered from Italy, could take months apparently!

So no radio, well it works for 3 minutes then crashes, then restarts. Wonder if the garage still have my 2021 Cross still for sale - swap the system over and then gain Android Auto / CarPlay!
PXL_20230713_163302195.jpg

Hello!

I have just got a 2023 Tipo Cross Hybrid and I also can't seem to find the Android Auto, would be interested to find out if it's missing.

Back