O/T: What an effin day!!

Currently reading:
O/T: What an effin day!!

M

Mike

wasnt my day today! :(

woke up this morning at 7 with the dogs wanting to go out,so gets up and let them out then back in.I get back into bed and at half 8ish i herd them fighting (well playing rough as they dont fight) so legged it down and sorted them out and got back into bed.
Woke back up around half 9ish and checked the MID site and my car was showing on it as taxed..brilliant i thought :) so at half 10 when we got up,first thing was to tax it online cos according to directgov site, ppl renewing their tax disc for 1st may have till 9th to get a valid tax disc in the window due to the bank hol but can drive on the rd still by displaying the old disc..awesome i thought :) paid the £118 for 6 months and around 12 i was outside trying to jump start it off our focus.bearing in mind the fiat is facing next door's fence infront of our front window so had to get the focus on the pavement right up to the wall for the leads to stretch.
But oh no,the leads i had wouldnt start it! We saw a guy going into his drive at bottom of our street.so flogged him over and borrowed a thick set of jump leads hoping itd start...and it wouldnt :mad: So then we rushed to B+M to buy a jump starter pack for £25 400amps starting power.But by that time,we had 2 go to my nephews party around half 1.
So gets home around half 4,took the power pack out of the box to find it flat and no charger Went back to shop (15 mins away) got a new one fully charged and complete,so then i automatically thought 'brilliant' can go for a drive in it and go out for tea, so gets home and Oh No it still wouldnt start! the battery is dead dead and the jump pack was showing 14v 100% full,was pi55ed off as you can imagine! so at half 5 i legged it back to shop and got my money returned on my card! What an f'in day! So after all that its still sat in the front garden :( mad thing is,a month ago my mate's focus st mk1 jump started it and it fired up straight away (as i needed the fiat movin of the drive to put in front garden so i can get the focus up the drive and park my van outside) had to move my long wheel base van 3 times today and its a nightmare for parking down my street!
A neighbour came out 'your not leaving that there' my reply was '2 mins luv,cant ya see im busy'! lol

so yer thats my grump,not had 1 in a while ha
*still gutted cant get my car goin

Haha sounds like a stressful day mate! At least it will always be worth it :)

back on the road after 4 months

it was mate believe me lol couldnt believe a fully charged 400amp jump starterpack couldnt wake the car up lol

after my awful stressful day yesterday a mate came round about 7 in his 330ci bmw with some thick jump leads so gave it a min and it fired up straight away :)
left it running for bit and went out around half 7 to put fuel in (left it running) had to pump 2 tyres up too.i kept lights off till i got home (ppl flashin me LOL) turned dash dimmer switch off and went out in it till about 9.15!..got up the drive and left it off for 2 mins and it fired up straight away :)
Gonna get the missus to run it for a bit tomorrow tho and every day till weekend hehe

Mike

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell..Its good to be different ;)
Now with Working steering wheel controls,
FC Performance chip
'Sorted' :)

4th march

tax disc arrived this morning so all lajit 'properly' :)
the gf started the car up this afternoon and said it was a bit tappy for a while :s ?
So i gets home and gave it a good wash and check the oil,to wich i was quite shocked the oil was low! pulled it out to find the dipstick covered in oil,so wiped it clean put it back in then when i pulled it out i saw a blob on both sides of the stick??

Im confuzzled now as when i put the engine in back in 2009 (summer time) full 5l of oil went in and it wasnt till may 2010 i got it on the rd so im puzzled as to how have i used all that oil in a year? well 6 months the wole time it was on the rd??

mike the mid only confirms weather the car is on the insurance database

i would simply give it an oil and filter change with some decent oil. its been stood a while and its an older engine. Grab some wynns engine flush as well to give it a bit of a clean out before you put the new stuff in.

good to see its back on the road mate!! me n the gf will get ourselves over your way sometime.

mike the mid only confirms weather the car is on the insurance database
i know,just that a few ppl on my fb were saying youll get find for not showing a tax disc in the window.To which according to direct giv you get untill the 9th,anyhow it arrived yesterday morning :)

wuld simply give it an oil and filter change with some decent oil. its been stood a while and its an older engine. Grab some wynns engine flush as well to give it a bit of a clean out before you put the new stuff in.

good to see its back on the road mate!! me n the gf will get ourselves over your way sometime

i checked it again before going out and gettin some oil and it was low.So rather than do an oil change (bering in mind there was hardly any in it) i just topped it up,i put 2.5 litres in and it went above the top of the meshed part..so i got plenty in.Started it up and it was quiet as a mouse :) (well apart from the tensioner whistling lol)