O.T motor world

Currently reading:
O.T motor world

yip, thats true...never actually bought anything fromt hem so no skin for me :)

ShaunCowhats.gif

Its a 1.4 Chassis, 1.6 Engine and 2.0ltr Brakes and half a Marea :)

Follow My Project
Updated: 27/08/2008

They had a viable business, but cashflow trouble. Its hard to explain to anyone who doesn't know how business finance works. Shame really, as, despite their flaws, they were the only national high street retailer to compete with Helfrauds

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4
& now ex owner of a Bravo 1.8

was thinkin this myself,the 1 in fleetwood has gone..Only major car parts place we got is MotorMania which is doin good and now m/world has fone,itll be doin betetr i think.
Think i have only bought a pair of speakers and subs from there.nothing car part wise anyway so tbh im not bothered haha

feel for the staff tho,gettin made redundant in the run to xmas :s

I think it's a shame. Never bought alot of stuff from them, (nearest was 8 miles away with no parking)- but it was good to have a biggish rival to mega-sized Hellfrauds and overall I prefered the stuff that they stocked.

Well I can only comment on our Local Motor World & Halfords....

I use to work at Halfords in 1999 & Motor world was brill... but so was Halfords too!

Both employed parts people who knew how to fix a car!!!

Before I worked at Halfords We'd only go to Motor World cos of their cozy, family fealing shops.

As of late tho, they are both as rubbish as eachother although the manager at Motor World and the staff are about 17/18 and you walk in & they're sitting on the camping chairs or throwing sponges at eachother & don't stop when a customer comes in!

It's no suprise these shops are suffering tho as people now go straight to CAS, Partco, Wilko, Linco or internet sites like buypartsby etc. where these shops get their parts from too! Gone are the days you can walk into the shop and leave with a full servicing kit.... it's now a 1-2day wait!

oh... and the staff haven't a clue wot car parts are, they wanna sell alloys, polish, oil or car radio's!!

ok... off my soap box :)

style5,TommyK.png

signeon-1.jpg

Come Join the 5 pot club! Almost standard Mk1 HGT 75k - 35mpg!! For Sale :(

Have they definately gone into liquidation?

I poped in to the St Helens branch to check if there were any silly bargains to be had yet they were open and business as usual with no 'stock clearance' posters.

There were also advertising on the whiteboard outside they were taking Xmas Deposits (which would be very naughty)