o/t bmw mini

Currently reading:
o/t bmw mini

A

ant

anyone got one, im goin lookin at 1 for the wife, cos the turbo gonna be too fast for her lol,

is there anythin i should be lookin out 4 (common faults)

cheers

I got one, Cooper S, earlier supercharged model and not the Turbo!

Best thing I ever did, great fun little car.

If you're going for an early model S, pre september 2004, there was an issue with the gearbox failing, not sure if it's the case for the cooper and one models though??!!

Check out Mini2.com, loads of stuff in there!

@carol ive tried ive even said she can have my cammed up 155 wich im usin now till my turbo is done but she siad its too quick for her (softee)lol

its a 2002 mini one by the way 1.6 , if i get my way there would be a r56 cooper s lump gettin chucked in, but she wont let me

cheers all,

oh tommy how quick is yours

well check power steering fluid leak, the pumps fail occasionally, theres not alot you can check though, they make loads of noise, thats normal.

the front wishbone rear bushes go, you can tell by with the car standing with handbrake on, try and push the front wheels back, they should move a little but not excessive.

rear exhaust hangers are pretty common. (rust and snap, you cant tell that they are broken usually, cos they snap on top and still secure, dont bang or nothing but mot fail.

if it has electronic adjust headlights (go up and down) they always stop working randomly.

theres other stuff, but not alot really, seen the odd wheel bearing but not common.

cheers everyone, been lookin at it all seems fine, past mot on 25/06/2009 with only wheel bearing on advisory, so ill get it done as soon as i get it home as there is a slight knockin, everythin is well an all workin
pickin it up 2day

once again cheers everyone for your help