O.T Alarm

Currently reading:
O.T Alarm

A

Anonymous

Hi guys
I'm after an alarm for my van as its just been broken into. I had a toad ai606 on my last van which did the job but am a bit skint at the mo!

This van already has a standard cat 1 imob on it so i suppose i'm just after something to make noise!

I've seen this on fleabay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Scorpion-toad-Pro-Car-Alarm-Thatcham-to-CAT1-DIY-NEW_W0QQitemZ180301273266QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180301273266&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A1|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Any thoughts?
It seems good unless there's something im missing...
thanks

Jay

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
For the money that ebay item is a good price, however are you confident to fit it. Installers will charge you alot for fitting an alarm not bought from them.

If you just want an alarm to make a noise then buy the cheapest. Clifford, Toad, etc are more for people who like to let there insurance know they have a thatcham approved alarm to get a premium discount, if any and to have a reliable immobiliser and alarm with battery backup.

The higher class alarms also have fancy gizmos the cheapers typically don't, they usually allow you to add enhancements after installation or during installion of systems like auto window close, remote start, tilt sensor, pager alert system etc etc.

I think the best alarm would be one that has volumetric sensors, boot/bonnet switches, if possible a siren with a battery back up and a visible blinking LED. Most cars have an immobilser as standard these days, same goes with commercial vehicles.

Banner08.jpg

Items For Sale:
ePER V4.0 2008 DVD, Fiat Bravo/a Passenger Airbag Covers to suit MK1, Fiat Bravo/a Headlamp Washer Jets, Bravo & Marea Workshop Manuals, Fiat Bravo Haynes Manual &, Fiat Bravo Owners Manual on CD etc...

Contact Me for more details.

unless ur an elecrtrition, i wouldnt recomend fitting one urself.

but i think that seems a good one. think itsthe one im getting.

ShaunCowhats.gif

Its a 1.4 Chassis, 1.6 Engine and 2.0ltr Brakes and half a Marea :)

Follow My Project
Updated: 26/10/2008

I have a friend who can fit them. He fitted the toad on my last van.

I'm not too bothered about it from the insurers point of view as I sometimes leave my dog in the van and obviously wouldnt use the alarm and have heard that it could invalidate a claim if the alarm was off!

Thanks guys

Bought it for £53 inc postage.

Lets hope it does the job
Thanks for the advice

I've fitted loads of alarms to various cars, but its just time consuming, would be great if i was being paid for it. :)

Anyway good luck with the alarm, however i think keeping a dog in the van is the securist option. :)

Banner08.jpg

Items For Sale:
ePER V4.0 2008 DVD, Fiat Bravo/a Passenger Airbag Covers to suit MK2, **MINT** Fiat Marea Poly Elliptical Headlamps with Sidelight Connectors, Bravo & Marea Workshop Manuals, Fiat Bravo Haynes Manual &, Fiat Bravo Owners Manual on CD etc...

Contact Me for more details.

So do I but I had a run in with the plod after some numpty reported him being left in there whilst I was at a job...... Was told that if I do it again they would use force to open the van and let him out....I kindly pointed out that the window was wide open and they could simply lean in and pick him out if he didn't bite them!

He hates being left at home but i've had to as I don't want to run the risk!

Anyway back to the alarm....your welcome to fit mine:D