alarm

Currently reading:
alarm

A

adam

hi i have also been wondering about my alarm! i have got a blue remote key but it does not seam to do any thing (ie unlock/lock the car) plus when i went to check a fuse one day i found a key swich then found a littel round key stuffed in the fuse cover, i tryed it and soon as i turned it there was a beep then a red light next to my fog light swich flashed the stayed on , the alarm went off! so i reset it closed the door quick and tryed the remote! but nothing! i now think that this is an aftermarket systerm? but not sure!, there is also two other red led lights one on either front seat door side, but i have never seen them on! how can i check my alarm is turned on or not or been removed by another owner, cheers Adam ... fiat bravo 1.8 16v

The two red lights on the front seats are for heated seats. Not sure about the alarm though, you could try replacing the battery in the key and/or check the soldering/connections in the key as the ones in mine had snapped...

You have a standard alarm system. The key that you found is to temporarily disable the alarm if there is a fault so it would appear the previous owner had an issue so disabled it.
In terms of the key, does the red LED on the key flash at all when you press the button? If not it's probably a dead battery. If it does then as the alarm is disabled it probably wont do anything but it may be that it is not synced. Get a new battery in, enable the alarm and see if pressing the key makes it react at all. If not then I would guess that the key is not synced to the alarm.
In respect of the alarm fault, it's likely that one of the sensors has been damaged leading to the alarm going off so might be worth checking them to see if you can find which one is faulty.
CAUTION: - You are not insured if the alarm is not working and your car is stolen.

ozric.jpg

"Doctor said to give up Keee-Babs. I said 'No, no-no'"
cheers.gif

My Members Page
OI! Road safety nutters!! George Orwell ment '1984' to be a warning, NOT a template!