Technical Novitec TURBO

Currently reading:
Technical Novitec TURBO

sjladopoulos

Son of the Propeller.
I have seen in many sites that novitec offers a turbo kit for the barchetta, but i have not found the kit in novitec's own site. They claim to punch out an impressive 188bhp out of the 1.747cc italian heart which should transform the B in to a beautiful pocket rocket. The chassis is for sure capable to handle the extra power! Anyone here with this kit installed? Comments?
I read that the kit can be installed in novitec's garage in germany but for me its impossible to go there. Does novitec sell all required parts so they can be installed by some other partner perhaps? Does Anyone know the cost for the whole kit and what guarantee they offer?
Honestly I believe its a worthy investment, as long as it does not cost more than the car it's self ;)

The B engine is out of a Punto Turbo anyway, so the engine should be able to take it.

Why not look for a Fiat Turbo engine or the Turbo that fits this engine.

Hi,
I have looked into it and the parts needed are:

New fuel injectors
New pistons
Turbo compressor
Oil cooler
Air-to-air intercooler
various bits&pieces for the plumbing..

Now I know an oil cooler is about £130-£150 as I am looking at getting one this month.

Not sure why you need new fuel injecters but I guess the original set can only supply a given fuel amount and the turbo needs more to sustain the correct fuel and air mix. Cost £ ??

Air to air cooler is just a simple rad thats in the airflow intake pipe after the turbo. Cost £80-100

Turbo can be an off the shelf number but i would say it will cost something like £300 -£400 plus the manifold will need to be worked on to tap into the exhaust for the turbo.

New pistons, now this could be a large cost so if anyone knows please post.

various bits&pieces for the plumbing will be something like £150 £200

The cars ECU will need some remap work and the car will have to go on the RR to tune it. so say another £250

All in all about £2500 depending on how much you can do yourself.

overview.jpg

I think it might be better to put a 16V coupe turbo engine in the B but I still have not had a good look at a coupe lump, plus I just dont have ££ to take on this project at the mo,I would love to have a go sometime soon.

If anyone is going to have a go I would love to help out if your not to far away from London.
Doc Orange Peel

OK guys, I will have a deeper look and come back to you if i find anything interesting.
By the way, I found a nice online shop www.italiatec.de with barchetta things and i just ordered amuminium floor mats and the shiny rear badge! ( the only bad thing is that it is in german! i sent them an email with the part numbers )
Does the rear badge come off easilly? are there any holes under it or is it just gued on the body? (my car is a 98 model, not a facelift one)

Fill the two little holes in if you can, don't want water to get i and rust the Italian B. (y)

I filled them with car filler and touched it up. Then placed the new badge over the holes, you would never know it was not orignal.

Back