West Midlands North Staffs Area Meet

Currently reading:
West Midlands North Staffs Area Meet

North Staffs/Stoke Area Meet

I'm bored of the lack of local meets in this area. Shows are all good but it's nice to get together and have a local meet with local people to get to know each other.

I used to organise a Stoke On Trent Fiat meet a few years back with varied success. Ranged from 5-10 cars when quiet to 30+ on one nice sunny sunday. Had quite a few regulars and got a number of other forums involved too. This was just a static meet which took place at Longton Tescos in Stoke On Trent on a sunday after they had closed.

Now the weather is .. urm.. nice? Slightly warmer than winter?... It would be good to try something like this again.

Ideas at the moment are either to try and resurect the Stoke On Trent Tesco meets (or a similar style big, closed car park in a central location type of place) or I was thinking something along the lines of a meet and drive? Nothing too enthusiastic, just a nice scenic route in the peaks starting at a nice location for food/drinks and a natter along with a gander over everyones cars. Somewhere like the Three Horeshoes Inn near Leek (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=lee...=Leek,+Staffordshire,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=16) stands out as a good choice to me? Loads of fantastic roads in the peaks right on the doorstep (cat and fiddle isn't far off either). Pub is fantastic with great food and a nice big car park too.

The Darlaston Inn on the A34 near Stone (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=sto...832&hnear=A34,+Stone,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=17) has been a popular location for meets in the past too but I've never actually been there.

So, anyone interested? Probably would be looking for a Sunday evening (those that work Sundays would usually be finished early evening). Could do with a hand spreading the word if this is going to be worthwhile organising :)

Last edited:
Back